• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Case status update + request for funds

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
New thread for this specific update and limited to a request for funds. All posts not within these limits will be deleted.

Original thread for all other on topic posts: http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?130241-St-Louis-Zoo-communication-log-TRO-filing-status-legal-financial-help-needed&p=2200671#post2200671

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by BB62

**Case status update**

I’m sorry for the long, long delay in posting a status update. As much as I would like to go into great detail, I simply can’t, and I’m afraid I may have to further curtail my comments. :( :(

In February, interrogatories and document requests were sent to Ms. Hogan. She sent back our replies in June and then sent the Zoo our interrogatories and document requests. The Zoo has since responded.

Depositions are scheduled for tomorrow and Wednesday (August 30 & 31, 2016). I’m to be deposed tomorrow.

More depositions, interrogatories, or document requests may follow before the trial takes place.

Financial status

After the depositions tomorrow and Wednesday, the bank balance (the IOLTA Trust account) is expected to be $100.

We don’t yet know whether more depositions will be required (est. $350 apiece) or if additional expenses will be incurred in this phase (the permanent injunction) of litigation, but I suspect there will be more.

There is also the matter of Ms. Hogan’s compensation, which you may surmise is far below market rates. If you noted what was in the background of the picture on page 7 of this thread (“First they came for the Jews…”), you recognized that upholding PRINCIPLE is a key part of her makeup. If you’ve ever sought an attorney over a matter such as this one, you quickly realize how small the universe is of such people. I simply can’t say enough in this direction, but suffice to say that only two attorneys I communicated with (and I communicated with 25 or so) were of similar mindset.

So… your contribution for case expenses is gratefully sought, but so too is a contribution in recognition of the sacrifice that Ms. Hogan has made and continues to make in representing OUR rights.

Making donations

If you don't want to enrich GoFundMe to the tune of ~8% of the donation amount
(which reduces the net donation), be aware that Ms. Hogan can accept checks sent to her, made out to "Jane C. Hogan, IOLTA Trust". Please put "Jeffry Smith" or "St. Louis Zoo" in the memo. Her address is 5216 Chippewa Street, St. Louis, MO 63109.

GoFundMe: https://www.gofundme.com/rp5tgsps

THANK YOU.

P.S. - I will be leaving for St. Louis shortly, and will not have computer access, so if anyone wants to get together tomorrow night (depending on how long the deposition takes) please PM me here ASAP.I’m sorry for the long, long delay in posting a status update. As much as I would like to go into great detail, I simply can’t, and I’m afraid I may have to further curtail my comments. :( :(

In February, interrogatories and document requests were sent to Ms. Hogan. She sent back our replies in June and then sent the Zoo our interrogatories and document requests. The Zoo has since responded.

Depositions are scheduled for tomorrow and Wednesday (August 30 & 31, 2016). I’m to be deposed tomorrow.

More depositions, interrogatories, or document requests may follow before the trial takes place.

Last edited: