• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Missouri permit.

repomasterstl

Does anyone know if Missouri permit is accepted in Colorado? Also my company is relocating me to Colorado (denver area) can someone point me in the direction of links of gun laws for the state so I can research the dos and donts of your fine state.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
Does anyone know if Missouri permit is accepted in Colorado? Also my company is relocating me to Colorado (denver area) can someone point me in the direction of links of gun laws for the state so I can research the dos and donts of your fine state.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

yes, it is. this is a good source for cc reciprocity and carry laws. http://www.handgunlaw.us/
of course for OC stuff the go to is the home pages of www.opencarry.org

solus

denver city proper & denver county is a no OC allowed area as discussed numerous times on this forum.

ipse

kcgunfan

One thing that is not clear to me in the Missouri state law is whether or not your permit is valid should you cease being a resident is the state. You might want to have a look at that.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

OC for ME

One thing that is not clear to me in the Missouri state law is whether or not your permit is valid should you cease being a resident is the state. You might want to have a look at that.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Technically, once you move out of the county that issued the permit to another location you need to "update" your permit. RSMo 571.101.5
Any person issued a concealed carry permit pursuant to sections 571.101 to 571.121, or a concealed carry endorsement issued prior to August 28, 2013, shall notify the sheriff of the new jurisdiction of the permit or endorsement holder's change of residence within thirty days after the changing of a permanent residence to a location outside the county of permit issuance. ...

http://www.moga.mo.gov/mostatutes/stathtml/57100001041.html?&me=571
So, once you move, your MO permit is null and void after 30 days. Though, it is a wee bit vague (does not mention at all) if a permit is null and void immediately is the citizen moves out of state permanently. To be safe I would find out if you can get a CO permit before moving. Good luck.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Nothing has happened since Open Carry Walk Planned For North Little Rock in 2014?

I could find a dozen articles relevant to OC from this year alone. It would be nice to see fresh articles on the home page, IMO.
Thank you for volunteering :) Post them with links on the sub-forum main page.

The original reference was to the OCDO general information/map page, not to the state specific sub-forum.

solus

Thank you for volunteering :) Post them with links on the sub-forum main page.

The original reference was to the OCDO general information/map page, not to the state specific sub-forum.

nicely done grape...dario, you just got volun-told!!!

well played grape.

ipse