• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Clothing options for summer (concealed carry)

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
The hotter it gets the more I open carry. solves a lot of the problems one has with trying to CC.
This!

I spent 8 years dressing around my gun. Now that we have much better laws in MO for OC, I dress for the weather and then OC/CC based on what I am wearing. There are obviously some exceptions to that based on where I am going, doing and who I am with. Not going to walk into a business meeting with a stranger OC for example.

solus

I just read "clothing optional while open carry," I sure was getting some funny looks.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

somewhere in the archives of this illustrious forum is a commentary by a respected member regarding OC'g while sans clothing and if you were to ask grape where in the archives this particular discussion is located and perhaps he will post a link.

ipse

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I just read "clothing optional while open carry," I sure was getting some funny looks.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

somewhere in the archives of this illustrious forum is a commentary by a respected member regarding OC'g while sans clothing and if you were to ask grape where in the archives this particular discussion is located and perhaps he will post a link.

ipse
Nope, not going to go there. Some things are better slipping quietly into the mist.

HPmatt

In memory of Skidmark, just search OCDO for 'skunkape', go to Skidmark's post and you will find the link to mirth on the nudist beach...[emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

TooEasy

Tshirts cover IWB holsters

When summertime rolls around and it starts to get uncomfortable to wear a 'concealment garment', if open carry is gonna be an issue I just use an IWB holster. Most of the gun is concealed by your jeans or shorts or whatever. At that point the only thing visible is the grip, and a normal size t-shirt will cover that just fine. No need to go out and get an oversized wardrobe. I always find that baggy clothing just gives you more material to get caught up in when you need to draw.

The clothes you have will be just fine. Just invest in a good holster and figure out the best place to carry where it wont jab you or rub the wrong way when you bend and sit. Once you find the comfortable spot its all gravy.

Have fun

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
When summertime rolls around and it starts to get uncomfortable to wear a 'concealment garment', if open carry is gonna be an issue I just use an IWB holster. Most of the gun is concealed by your jeans or shorts or whatever. At that point the only thing visible is the grip, and a normal size t-shirt will cover that just fine. No need to go out and get an oversized wardrobe. I always find that baggy clothing just gives you more material to get caught up in when you need to draw.

The clothes you have will be just fine. Just invest in a good holster and figure out the best place to carry where it wont jab you or rub the wrong way when you bend and sit. Once you find the comfortable spot its all gravy.

Have fun
Welcome to OCDO.

Not as a put-down, you do realize that you are instructing the choir, right?

solus

Welcome to OCDO.

could you hummm a few stanzas, so i could find the right keyyyyy?

(this from the individual told to go stand and sing in the back pew cuz i cant hold a tune...)
ipse

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
could you hummm a few stanzas, so i could find the right keyyyyy?

(this from the individual told to go stand and sing in the back pew cuz i cant hold a tune...)
ipse
We each have to bring our own basket.

TooEasy

Welcome to OCDO.

Thanks.

*shrug* I'm sure I'm not telling most people anything new, but the OP asked specifically about CC in the summertime. A few people mentioned wearing hawiian shirts and baggy t-shirts. Just dropping my .02 that he doesnt need extra shirts or baggy clothes. IWB holster and his own clothes should be just fine.

Not exactly nuclear secrets, I know, but perhaps a useful option for the OP.