• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Shirtless Male Caught on Camera Attacking Horrified People in Broad Daylight and...

solus

make it 18 copwatch videos you have posted since the 1st of may 2016. you're point in posting this item? denver & denver county does not allow OC.

quote: A man was arrested Wednesday evening on suspicion of aggravated assault for chasing people around with a long pole on the 16th Street Mall. Police arrived on scene three minutes later. “We believe having more officers down there did help with having a very quick response,” unquote
https://www.denverpost.com/2016/06/29/16th-street-mall-assault-video/

ipse

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
...Police arrived on scene three minutes later. “We believe having more officers down there did help with having a very quick response,” ...

I suppose that's pretty good if you aren't among the first few people beat with a pipe in the first three minutes.

solus

I suppose that's pretty good if you aren't among the first few people beat with a pipe in the first three minutes.

guess it is better than not going in the first place...

but you are right...pvc being the material in question.

ipse

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
...pvc being the material in question.

I'll wait until he hits me with it, and then determine how much it hurts before determining the proper response?

Even if I recognize it as PVC (I, being a tradesman, might actually be able to do that), I would assume it would be filled with something, because that would make it more effective, and I should assume it was made as effective as possible for its newly commissioned purpose.

Or I could just react to someone swinging at club at me with far less debate.

They showed it later being broken for some reason. You have to hit something really hard to break PVC.

JonStore

A pipe welding terrorist terrorized folks in downtown Denver beating people with a pipe. This area so says a person has no police patrols. The guy is free to beat and injure and there is no one carrying a gun defending themselves. Shocking!

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...s-in-broad-daylight-and-check-out-his-weapon/

A bit off topic for the forum - don't you think?

My opinion only - A gun was not necessary. That is how you get into legal trouble, you would kill him for swinging a PVC pipe? I imagine I would have fought, but I would not have drawn my gun. I conceal in Denver. ...PVC?

p.s. I walk around shirtless, alot. Love how it's in the title. You sensationalized a bit.

-Jon

edit: typo

Last edited:

Fallschirjmäger

My opinion only - A gun was not necessary. That is how you get into legal trouble, you would kill him for swinging a PVC pipe? I imagine I would have fought, but I would not have drawn my gun. I conceal in Denver. ...PVC?
I may be in the minority, but I consider my life to be worth just about as much as a police officer considers his.
So, my reaction is likely to be the one I'd expect from an officer.

What do you suppose the reaction of an officer would be to having someone swing a pipe at his head?
That it was PVC and not painted white, that it was hollow plastic and not internally weighted are all facts not in evidence at the time of the incident.

I'm not going to make the assumption that it's just harmless hollow plastic when it's being swung in anger.

Last edited:

JonStore

I may be in the minority, but I consider my life to be worth just about as much as a police officer considers his.
So, my reaction is likely to be the one I'd expect from an officer.

What do you suppose the reaction of an officer would be to having someone swing a pipe at his head?

If I had to suppose... Taser and OC spray. I won't debate my choice to choose things other than to kill. If he threatened me, I have some other choices. It is my choice when to pull and use my gun. I apologize I think I was to firm in my prior posting.

Maybe I'm just good with my hands. I am thinking I could have disarmed him easy.

Jon

Last edited:

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anEuw8F8cpE

Just because you think you are good with hands, pipes, whips, or swords, doesn't mean you have to dick around with a bad guy wielding a presumably deadly weapon.

Caveat: Please use judicious discretion and know what is beyond your target.

Last edited:

JonStore

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anEuw8F8cpE

Just because you think you are good with hands, pipes, whips, or swords, doesn't mean you have to dick around with a bad guy wielding a presumably deadly weapon.

You know, I admit I see this point of view. I guess from my vantage point, the attack did not seem deadly. I personally don't think I would have drawn my gun. But I see the other side... if my daughter were on the receiving end of that attack, I would draw... because the man against a young child with his PVC pipe, that is deadly. But against me, not deadly I don't think. I don't think I would have drawn if I were on the receiving end. Again, I think I was to firm in my initial post, apologies.

It was a very crowded area, it is risky to use the gun, because it did not seem deadly risk to me, and the back drop has so many people in it. Too risky. I would not have drawn if I were in the video, generally.

Jon

Last edited:

Firearms Iinstuctor

Catch a pvc pipe across the side of your head and you well see how nasty it can be. Could easily cause great bodily harm or death how long to think it would take to recover from a crack scull, broken jaw, smashed nose, blinded eye, lose some teeth.

I would not let some one get close enough to hit me with a pvc pipe.

If you don't believe so let one of your buddies take a whack at you with one.

Last edited:

F350

I am officially disabled, 2 steel knees that prevent me from running and limit my mobility, a full thickness tear of the right rotator cuff repair and 25% loss of use of the arm; being Denver and all pardon the pun, but I would have smoked him.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Catch a pvc pipe across the side of your head and you well see how nasty it can be. Could easily cause great bodily harm or death how long to think it would take to recover from a crack scull, broken jaw, smashed nose, blinded eye, lose some teeth.

I would not let some one get close enough to hit me with a pvc pipe.

If you don't believe so let one of your buddies take a whack at you with one.

You must leave a trail of bodies at the hardware store in the plumbing section.

Last edited:

Va_Nemo

Its simple from my point of view. I am in that area and he charges me with a pipe I will shoot him several times in the chest area. If he does anything but fall down after that I will fire several more times. He moves toward me, I shoot more.

Nemo