• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Former PM says Australia's gun laws are 'inadequate'

DW98

There's a review of the current laws coming up very shortly, and the media and assorted political parties are pushing their agenda hard. I don't trust Keenan when he says there are no plans to change anything. Word is that new legislation has already been drafted, but the details of it aren't clear yet. I'm guessing they'll go after pistols and pump/lever-actions. The 'genuine reason' system will likely be tweaked, too.

Despite the harsh crackdown introduced by the Howard government, guns continue to kill people and gun-related offences regularly clog up Australia’s courts and jails.

In Victoria, the number of gun-related offences have more than doubled in the past decade, according to the Herald Sun.

So, hold on, criminals don't follow laws? Wow.

Full article http://www.news.com.au/national/pol...s/news-story/7133ba4e599e8aa3c80d8f1b224bb5de