• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Status of California Open Carry Lawsuit - Charles Nichols v. Edmund Brown, Jr., et al

cocked&locked

We are about to be f**ked

I was hoping that the 9th Cir. would just get rid of this garbage of a case without any fanfare. Unfortunately for us, it now appears that my worst nightmare is about to become true. Many posts ago I voiced that a pro se litigant should not be handling this type of case be cause of the potential of getting a 'bad law' result. I now believe that the 9th Cir. has every intention of using Mr. Charlatan's incompetence to do just that; give us more California bad law.

The upside is that we are about to be treated to a scene straight out of comic relief when the State's attorney and judges twist Mr. Charlatan into a pretzel.

Last edited:

gutshot II

I was hoping that the 9th Cir. would just get rid of this garbage of a case without any fanfare. Unfortunately for us, it now appears that my worst nightmare is about to become true. Many posts ago I voiced that a pro se litigant should not be handling this type of case be cause of the potential of getting a 'bad law' result. I now believe that the 9th Cir. has every intention of using Mr. Charlatan's incompetence to do just that; give us more California bad law.

The upside is that we are about to be treated to a scene straight out of comic relief when the fro State's attorney and judges twist Mr. Charlatan into a pretzel.

No, you were not just hoping. You have been predicting that it would happen. You, solus and ConditionThree have predicted that this case would never be heard. You were all wrong on every point that you have posted. I don't know what the outcome of this case will be, nobody does. I do know that only one person has moved it to this point and he has had to endure constant redicule and derision from you three while doing it. No matter what the outcome of this case, the biggest loss involved here will be the loss of Charles as an OCDO member and regular OP. He has been hounded out of this forum by the three of you. He will be missed and I wish him well.

solus

No, you were not just hoping. You have been predicting that it would happen. You, solus and ConditionThree have predicted that this case would never be heard. You were all wrong on every point that you have posted. I don't know what the outcome of this case will be, nobody does. I do know that only one person has moved it to this point and he has had to endure constant redicule (sic) and derision from you three while doing it. No matter what the outcome of this case, the biggest loss involved here will be the loss of Charles as an OCDO member and regular OP. He has been hounded out of this forum by the three of you. He will be missed and I wish him well.

as they do in the NFL, gutshot, I am throwing the BS flag...hounded out of the forum...loss...from what perspective...

this individual moved what? to what objective point? resulting in what viable outcome?

and gutshot, while charles' appeal is on the court's schedule, it is still 60+ days away, and like the other activities his ego touted out here, charles is much to do about nothing!

his ego is so fragile and is such he can't provide viable defense for his position ? yes great loss of such an exemplary individual.

gutshot II

as they do in the NFL, gutshot, I am throwing the BS flag...hounded out of the forum...loss...from what perspective...

this individual moved what? to what objective point? resulting in what viable outcome?

and gutshot, while charles' appeal is on the court's schedule, it is still 60+ days away, and like the other activities his ego touted out here, charles is much to do about nothing!

his ego is so fragile and is such he can't provide viable defense for his position ? yes great loss of such an exemplary individual.

Well, just continue your cleansing of all of these inferior people on the roles of OCDO and you, cocked&locked and ConditionThree can soon have it all to yourself. Have you not noticed that there seems to be a migration away from OCDO? What could be the reason? Why would anyone want to leave the pleasant congeniality of OCDO? Oh well, let them go. They didn't meet our standards anyway. They are not one of "US". They don't do things "our way".

solus

sorry, not getting sucked into your perceptions of reality...

if the infamous charles can’t adequately articulate and successfully defend his judical position on this forum; where he immediately loses his composure and resorts to rants & personal tirade when challenged ~ snow balls chance this time at bat before the court won’t end like all his other judicial attempts...

FAILURE!

solus

sidebar ~ gutshot, question:
when individual(s) of the forum present their personal stories as opinionated subjective perception of the norm in their firearm or other weapon carry activities which are not quite kosher or someone present ‘their understanding’ of the law of the land w/o providing appropriate citation as is forum protocol...etc., etc.,

so when a new reader or long time luker or a traveler to another part of this great country poses a query, receives, and heeds such personal subjective opinion as gospel such they ask their local FFL for a copy of their license to send to seller at distant end, or believe concepts about the carry of knives in NM, whom is the worse for wear?

certainly not the member who proffered the subjective & opinionated gospel is it!

Thundar

The upside is that we are about to be treated to a scene straight out of comic relief when the State's attorney and judges twist Mr. Charlatan into a pretzel.

Why is he a charlatan? He has never said that he is a lawyer. He has demonstrated a basic command of heuristic logic and used that in his filings and in his discussions here.

Most importantly he never gave up. Maybe he will win, maybe he will lose, but if he loses, at least he will have gone down swinging.

Maybe your predictions about the impending disaster will come true, maybe they won’t, but your prediction, née your certainty, that this case would not be heard proved to be totally incorrect. Why would we believe you now?

Live free or die,
Thundar

cocked&locked

Why is he a charlatan? He has never said that he is a lawyer. He has demonstrated a basic command of heuristic logic and used that in his filings and in his discussions here.

Most importantly he never gave up. Maybe he will win, maybe he will lose, but if he loses, at least he will have gone down swinging.

Maybe your predictions about the impending disaster will come true, maybe they won’t, but your prediction, née your certainty, that this case would not be heard proved to be totally incorrect. Why would we believe you now?

Live free or die,
Thundar

You will see for yourself at oral argument why he is a charlatan. He did not portray himself as a lawyer, he portrayed himself as better and smarter than any lawyer in existence. Now we will see in a recorded proceeding in which his performance will not be in dispute.

I find it quite humorous that anyone would claim some sort of victory in the fact that he was granted oral argument (which he had nothing to do with getting since the decision to grant oral argument is entirely the Court's decision). As I stated earlier, I don't believe he was granted argument because of the merits of his case. I believe the Court is going to use this opportunity to make more California bad law. We will see soon enough.

Last edited:

gutshot II

Live free or die,
Thundar

Exactly. The ultimate outcome of this case is not the issue. The issue is who has been the most reliable predictor of the outcome, to this point and who is attempting to do something other than insulting another OCDO member and attacking him personally. That reliable predictor has been Charles Nichols. He has run rings around cocked&locked, solus and ConditionThree. They sound like Al Gore and global warming. Not yet, but it will happen soon. Not this time, but next time for sure. Not yet, maybe next year, for sure. No, didn't make it this year, but its coming. He's not worthy of anybody's attention. I am the expert. Look at me. Look at me. I haven't done anything, but he's doing it wrong.
Charles has conducted himself like a gentleman and the others like scondrels. They should all be ashamed. It doesn't matter what the outcome of this might be. Charles has made a good faith effort and the others done nothing but whine and complain like spoiled children.

solus

alas so the childhood playground rants begin...

wait you have said from the beginning the outcome is the issue

but as for Mr. Gore’s claims regarding global warming...they are a reality in our civilization and have been for quite awhile, i am truly sorry you feel the concept is not significantly important to expend time mitigating them.

to be fair gutshot, i took the time this morning to re-read this thread’s entire 18 mth postings...to validate my position ~ tho to be honest only thing i found was the caustic responses from CA charles towards other members who might have presented even mild criticism is absolutely amazing. i did not discover CA charles providing one iota of articulated objective evidence of merit to support his mumbling and sidestepping rhetoric.

do you know what else i discovered...since 2011 the bloke hasn’t won a single bloody case in this don quixote quest for the grail! at least Mr. Gore’s concepts have been objectively validated!

Last edited:

cocked&locked

Exactly. The ultimate outcome of this case is not the issue. The issue is who has been the most reliable predictor of the outcome, to this point and who is attempting to do something other than insulting another OCDO member and attacking him personally. That reliable predictor has been Charles Nichols. He has run rings around cocked&locked, solus and ConditionThree. They sound like Al Gore and global warming. Not yet, but it will happen soon. Not this time, but next time for sure. Not yet, maybe next year, for sure. No, didn't make it this year, but its coming. He's not worthy of anybody's attention. I am the expert. Look at me. Look at me. I haven't done anything, but he's doing it wrong.
Charles has conducted himself like a gentleman and the others like scondrels. They should all be ashamed. It doesn't matter what the outcome of this might be. Charles has made a good faith effort and the others done nothing but whine and complain like spoiled children.

Your statement is very funny since I always believed that all cases were brought for an 'ultimate outcome'; not just to be able to make an argument. Did you go to the same law school as Charlie?

OC Freedom

+2

gutshot II

alas so the childhood playground rants begin...

wait you have said from the beginning the outcome is the issue

but as for Mr. Gore’s claims regarding global warming...they are a reality in our civilization and have been for quite awhile, i am truly sorry you feel the concept is not significantly important to expend time mitigating them.

to be fair gutshot, i took the time this morning to re-read this thread’s entire 18 mth postings...to validate my position ~ tho to be honest only thing i found was the caustic responses from CA charles towards other members who might have presented even mild criticism is absolutely amazing. i did not discover CA charles providing one iota of articulated objective evidence of merit to support his mumbling and sidestepping rhetoric.

do you know what else i discovered...since 2011 the bloke hasn’t won a single bloody case in this don quixote quest for the grail! at least Mr. Gore’s concepts have been objectively validated!

Caustic responses! I thought that you invented "caustic responses". Charles has been a gentleman, while you, cocked&locked and ConditionThree have not.

Success is often measured by the difficulty of the endeavor. I know people that have been successful at everything they ever tried, but I wouldn't give ten cents for any of it. What is the success rate for Alan Gura? Very low, I would suspect, because he attempts difficult things.

Leave the man alone. He's not here anymore. You are beating a dead horse. It is no skin off your nose if he doesn't succeed. Why the extreme venom for the man? Could it be jealousy? Do you expect Charles' supporters to abandon him and start posting flattering remarks about you? How shameful! Go beat up some little old lady instead of insulting a man that does not come here anymore. Do you expect to elevate yourself by lowering other peoples opinion of Charles? This is just maliciousness for the sake of being malicious.

I, for one, am glad that Charles attempts the things he does. I am glad that he attempted every one of his failures. I hope he keeps it up. I hope he keeps it up, even if he never wins a single one. I respect his tenacity and his perseverance. I hope he files 100's of cases. How many have you filed?

solus

Caustic responses! I thought that you invented "caustic responses". Charles has been a gentleman, while you, cocked&locked and ConditionThree have not.

Success is often measured by the difficulty of the endeavor. I know people that have been successful at everything they ever tried, but I wouldn't give ten cents for any of it. What is the success rate for Alan Gura? Very low, I would suspect, because he attempts difficult things.

Leave the man alone. He's not here anymore. You are beating a dead horse. It is no skin off your nose if he doesn't succeed. Why the extreme venom for the man? Could it be jealousy? Do you expect Charles' supporters to abandon him and start posting flattering remarks about you? How shameful! Go beat up some little old lady instead of insulting a man that does not come here anymore. Do you expect to elevate yourself by lowering other peoples opinion of Charles? This is just maliciousness for the sake of being malicious.

I, for one, am glad that Charles attempts the things he does. I am glad that he attempted every one of his failures. I hope he keeps it up. I hope he keeps it up, even if he never wins a single one. I respect his tenacity and his perseverance. I hope he files 100's of cases. How many have you filed?

let's clear the air a moment shall we gutshot...

1. I, nor anybody else can cause a member to leave this forum!
2. I, nor anybody else can cause a member to have their post(s) deleted or be banned from this forum.

the reality of the matter is the member is solely responsible and accountable for their own actions on the forum!

i am sorry you truly believe my commentary is based on jealousy, or is an attempt to elevate of my self worth based on demeaning others, however that said, what have you just attempted with your bullying rhetoric towards me?

gutshot your accomplishments within your state are exemplary yet you signifcantly diminish every one of those efforts by casting dispersions about and towards someone you feel slighted by or perhaps it is you who are jealous and truly feel your ego is being sated by this feble attempt at demeaning me.

appreciate this opportunity to discuss your concerns.

SOLUS

by the way if CACharles’ means so much to your inner psyche, go visit his website and give your praise and money directly!

Last edited:

OC4me

+3

Charles may be an *** but he is our *** and, unlike his detractors, doing something and so far succeeding. The other well-funded pedigreed lawsuits in the 9th circuit have largely been failures.

Last edited:

Thundar

C&L EAT CROW

...Charlie will NEVER get oral argument in his 'case'. This is just another attempt to string his sucker donors along. You don't get oral argument when you already have been given 3 chances to write a viable complaint and have failed miserably. 3 strikes and your out; what is there to talk about?

How does that crow taste cocked and locked?

cocked&locked

Confusion

Like I said it isn’t dead until CA RTC gives up or SCOTUS denies cert.

LFOD,
Thundar

You are confused! You are mistaking death with a funeral. They are two different things. Michael Jackson and James Brown were able to delay their funerals for months. But they were dead on day one. Same with Charlie's case. LOL

solus

the main thrust for CA charles effort is following the 1880 advice contained in P.T. Barnum’s book ~ The Art of Money Getting or Golden Rules For Making Money whose infamous quote what his personal life goal “...to put money in my coffers!”

fasinating reading on Barnum’s escapes: http://www.legacy.com/news/culture-and-trends/article/pt-barnums-greatest-hoaxes

lookie at what is posted on P.T.’ s, er CA charles’ website...no less than seven immediate hits for money...

PayPalPlease donate $10, $25, $50 or $100 to the fight to restore your right to openly carry a loaded firearm in California.

(Credit or Debit cards – Visa, Mastercard, Amex, Discover or eCheck)

BitCoins

Last edited: