• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 3.0 & seeking suggestions to get comfortable doing OWB

mnrobitaille

As an additional IWB Holster, I got, as a birthday present to myself, an Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 3.0 for my Smith & Wesson Shield 9 w/Crimson Trace LG-489. I am more comfortable, from trial & error, doing IWB compared to OWB.

Has anyone got any experience yet OCing in an Alien Gear Cloak Tuck?

Also what are some good ideas/recommendations to get comfortable carrying OWB (particular holster design/brand), especially with summer fast approaching.

adk_mechetech

I'm assuming you will be OC'ing...

I have no experience with that particular holster but it appears to be IWB only. Get a good stiff belt preferably a reinforced one specifically designed for carrying a firearm. Find a holster that fits the gun AND you. Generally more forward cant is more comfortable while sitting and allows the grip to stay closer to your body. I have had good luck with a leather DeSantis pancake holster for my CZ 2075.

YMMV.

Last edited:

mnrobitaille

New Alien Gear Cloak Mod Holster

I've been seeing the advertising for the Alien Gear Cloak Mod OWB Holster, all throughout opencarry.org. Does anyone have any experience with this holster? Have you gotten the dock that works with it?

vMac

Alien Gears OWB Holster is very comfortable and reliable, has good retention and adjustable, I don't regret buying it at all and it is worth the buy. The only problem I have with it in my opinion is I feel its a bit bulky for an open carry holster. I like a holster that is close to my body. The OWB protrudes out a bit but that's just me. In all it just depends on the carrier

carracer

A little late for the party, but, I have an alien gear OWB holster. I like it ,but, no retention. I prefer a retention holster for everyday carry.

1911LVR

I use the Cloak Tuck 3.0 when I CC, and I use a Blackhawk Serpa for OC (excellent retention). I used the Alien Gear Cloak Mod holster mounted in my truck when traveling.

Last edited: