• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Is anyone open carrying?

deaconmaster

I'm heading to the Little Rock area (from Charlotte, NC) in the next few days and will be there for a little over a week.

I've read the AG's Official Opinion and all of the recent threads in this forum and I'm still confused as to the status/acceptance of open carry in Arkansas. It doesn't help that Handgunlaw.us advises caution, OCDO basically says don't do it, and the "2015 Traveler's Guide" says it's prohibited in public places under most circumstances.

While I'd much prefer to open carry rather carry concealed, I prefer even more to stay out of jail. I have my permission slip and will use it to conceal carry if that's what it takes to stay out of jail.

Anyway, on to my questions. Is anyone actually open carrying in Arkansas? If so, where and what has been the response of citizens and law enforcement?

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
I'm heading to the Little Rock area (from Charlotte, NC) in the next few days and will be there for a little over a week.

I've read the AG's Official Opinion and all of the recent threads in this forum and I'm still confused as to the status/acceptance of open carry in Arkansas. It doesn't help that Handgunlaw.us advises caution, OCDO basically says don't do it, and the "2015 Traveler's Guide" says it's prohibited in public places under most circumstances.

While I'd much prefer to open carry rather carry concealed, I prefer even more to stay out of jail. I have my permission slip and will use it to conceal carry if that's what it takes to stay out of jail.

Anyway, on to my questions. Is anyone actually open carrying in Arkansas? If so, where and what has been the response of citizens and law enforcement?
You may also want to pose your questions in one or both of these places:

https://www.facebook.com/OPEN-CARRY-Arkansas-221240074735229/

https://www.facebook.com/Open-Carry-Arkansas-223504861009823/