• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bloomberg fighting to stop Idaho Permitless Carry

OC Freedom

It appears that Bloomberg and his minions are doing all they can to convince Gov. Otter to veto this bill SB 1389.

If you live in Idaho, now is the time to call the Governor's office in favor of this bill.

HTML:
Idaho Second Amendment Alliance
41 mins ·

SB 1389, Constitutional Carry, was delivered to the Governor's office yesterday (March 21st) at 2:40 p.m.

That means today is the 1st of 5 days he has to act.

The gentleman I spoke with said that the calls were 5 to 1 againat Constitutional Carry. Bloomberg is clearly spending money to make it look like Idahoans are opposed.

Better step up your game!

davidmcbeth

Banned
You should gather your evidence and ask the members of your general assembly if they will give any weight to outsiders telling them how to act.

I don't see any evidence but maybe you have some....I always note to my legislators when outside interests are trying to play them.

Now, there is nothing wrong with an outsider trying to affect local things ... but some legislators don't like to see it.

Midwest

Call Gov. Otter at 208-334-2100 and urge him to sign SB 1389

You should gather your evidence and ask the members of your general assembly if they will give any weight to outsiders telling them how to act.

I don't see any evidence but maybe you have some....I always note to my legislators when outside interests are trying to play them.

Now, there is nothing wrong with an outsider trying to affect local things ... but some legislators don't like to see it.

There IS something wrong with an anti-gun outsider with billions of dollars trying to persuade the governor not to sign a bill that the people and the legislators are clearly in favor of.

Call Gov. Otter Immediately and Urge Him to Sign Constitutional Carry into Law!

https://www.gunowners.org/stateid03232016.htm

"Billionaire Michael Bloomberg is pouring thousands upon thousands of out-of-state dollars into Idaho in order to generate calls against SB 1389, the Constitutional Carry bill.

Highly-placed sources tell GOA that calls are running 5-1 AGAINST permitless carry into the Governor’s office"

Call Gov. Otter at 208-334-2100 and urge him to sign SB 1389

We do not have much time left according to the article. If you live in Idaho, near there, or pass through there, call the governor.

If you want to defeat Bloomberg and his efforts to undue the will of the people, call the governor and tell him you want this bill signed.

"We don’t have much time. The Governor has only five days to act, so a decision can come at any time."

If you want talking points on why he should sign the bill. Here they are.

"Talking Points

1. There are already nine other states that allow for Constitutional Carry, and they are nine of the safest states in the country.

One of those states is Alaska, which passed its Constitutional Carry law in 2003 and has seen its murder rate drop 20 percent in the ensuing 10 years (according to FBI statistics). Another one of those states is Vermont, which is frequently ranked as the Safest State in the Union!

2. The Idaho Sheriffs Association wholeheartedly supports constitutional carry. In fact, over 90% of police nationwide support the principle of concealed carry for law-abiding citizens, according to a PoliceOne.com survey taken in 2013.

3. Idaho already has constitutional carry for Open Carry. That is, one doesn’t need to beg permission to carry a handgun openly. So should a person, who is carrying a gun openly, become a criminal for pulling his shirt over his weapon? No, please sign SB 1389 into law.

4. Finally, it’s important that Gov. Otter realize this bill will not let criminals carry guns. After all, they already carry guns illegally!"

Call the governor

Last edited: