• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

visiting miss

caleb4387

In two weeks bay springs area. Looking for guidance to relevant code. ...can I open carry as an Ohio CHL holder? What is the usual climate?? And crap laws still existent they can pey ya with like brandishing or disturbing peace? Thanks for any assistance!!

NomadMan

Open carry is legal without any permit. You will find a few businesses with "No Firearms" signs and most government facilities are "Gun Free Zones" (a.k.a. Killing Zones). Other than that you are good to go.

You will find very little reaction as most of the public is aware that OC is legal due to widespread media coverage of the changes in the laws that allowed OC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NomadMan

Thank you...I have to do the same research for Kentucky and tennessee.

Reminds me of a saying a some super hero movie, Spider-Man I think, with great power comes great responsibility. Those of us who chose to carry a firearm (great power) have a duty to train and research the laws pertaining to carrying (great responsibility).

caleb4387

Reminds me of a saying a some super hero movie, Spider-Man I think, with great power comes great responsibility. Those of us who chose to carry a firearm (great power) have a duty to train and research the laws pertaining to carrying (great responsibility).

Good thing I'm doing tjat

NomadMan

What I'm really having trouble with is how does enhanced carry play into this

MS honors all other states permits.

MS residents can get an enhanced permit that will allow them to go in some places that are restricted from the regular permit.

As long as you stay out of government buildings, schools, bars, parades and political rallies, your Ohio permit will suffice.

FYI you do not need a permit for off-body concealed carry, such as if it is in a purse, backpack, briefcase etc.