• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

alabama pistol transporting without CC

berretta

i have been told conflicting procedures by 3 different officers. one said just unloaded in locked glove box(with ammo in glove box too ), another said locked in glove box with ammo in trunk, and another said only in a lockbox in the trunk unloaded. The state website says in a locked compartment out of reach to the driver and passengers. so would that mean unloaded in trunk with ammo and gun in trunk since the trunk itself is a locked compartment or does it have to be a locked box in the trunk?
i am also unsure about OC laws. It states that drug addicts and drunkards aren't allowed to OC. Well when i was younger i had a few minor drug related misdemeanors but they were over 8 yrs ago. Could the law consider me an addict because of that and arrest me for open carrying? i want to get my CC so i can have my gun loaded in my vehicle , would those past transgressions keep me from getting CC? No violent offenses. I wanted to OC in walmart yesterday but I went to check there website before going in and saw that there management are being instructed to ask anyone with a visible gun if they have a license to carry. I was worried i would be labeled a trespasser. i was under the impression if i could buy a gun i could OC without any kind of paperwork. i know yje restrictions like guarded properties and government property and anywhere that is clearly labeled as no ~ gun zones ie. malls and what not but i had read walmart allowed OC in several post on here but saw conflicting info on other websites. i appreciate any help thanks.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
i have been told conflicting procedures by 3 different officers. one said just unloaded in locked glove box(with ammo in glove box too ), another said locked in glove box with ammo in trunk, and another said only in a lockbox in the trunk unloaded. The state website says in a locked compartment out of reach to the driver and passengers. so would that mean unloaded in trunk with ammo and gun in trunk since the trunk itself is a locked compartment or does it have to be a locked box in the trunk?
i am also unsure about OC laws. It states that drug addicts and drunkards aren't allowed to OC. Well when i was younger i had a few minor drug related misdemeanors but they were over 8 yrs ago. Could the law consider me an addict because of that and arrest me for open carrying? i want to get my CC so i can have my gun loaded in my vehicle , would those past transgressions keep me from getting CC? No violent offenses. I wanted to OC in walmart yesterday but I went to check there website before going in and saw that there management are being instructed to ask anyone with a visible gun if they have a license to carry. I was worried i would be labeled a trespasser. i was under the impression if i could buy a gun i could OC without any kind of paperwork. i know yje restrictions like guarded properties and government property and anywhere that is clearly labeled as no ~ gun zones ie. malls and what not but i had read walmart allowed OC in several post on here but saw conflicting info on other websites. i appreciate any help thanks.
Do not ask LEOs for their opinions on a law. They often do not know and are not responsible for erroneous information. Read the law yourself or contact an attorney.

Now that I have moved this thread (state specific) to the Alabama sub-forum, some locals should chime in shortly.