• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OH res looking for advice

caleb4387

Hi guys, I'm flying into Atlanta Tuesday and my mom and I may be spending some time in Georgia after she picks me up. I'm doing my due diligence on laws and hoping you can help me sort out all the laws. Can I open carry on my Ohio permit? How is the culture around Atlanta regarding open carry? Are there protections in place to prevent one from being charged with brandishing or inciting panic or disturbing the peace etc? Do no gun signs have force of law? Am I required to provide ID when questioned by police? Am I required to notify officer when stopped (if concealing and such)I'm looking at statutes but trying to make sure I'm getting the most current information..thanks guys!!

mark5019

Hi guys, I'm flying into Atlanta Tuesday and my mom and I may be spending some time in Georgia after she picks me up. I'm doing my due diligence on laws and hoping you can help me sort out all the laws. Can I open carry on my Ohio permit? How is the culture around Atlanta regarding open carry? Are there protections in place to prevent one from being charged with brandishing or inciting panic or disturbing the peace etc? Do no gun signs have force of law? Am I required to provide ID when questioned by police? Am I required to notify officer when stopped (if concealing and such)I'm looking at statutes but trying to make sure I'm getting the most current information..thanks guys!!

you can open carry or conciel carry. depends on time of the day if some one cares i oc all time no problemsno brandishing law here in ga.
signs here in ga no weight to them but why give support to such places.
if stopped no need to inform but dont lie

http://www.georgiapacking.org/forum/index.php?sid=1930053293280d981905213bf2837925

caleb4387

late responding but the only place I was open in georgiawas the loves truck stop south of Atlanta got out same time a city cop did. no issue.

Va_Nemo

I OCed or sloppy concealed in S. Ga for 6 years. Only issue was once a deputy told me (before I researched it deep enough to know better) that I could not carry in a quickie mart type place. He said that was a public gathering and was prohibited. I later learned that law had changed 3 years prior. Change permitted carry near everywhere.

I emailed his office with complaint and advisement of law in effect and presume he was updated. Never received reply. Had no comment from him after that even though I saw him at same store numerous times. Always made sure it was uncovered when that happened.

Nemo