• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry prosecution, interesting comments by police chief.

Kopis

So, I noticed the police chief said it was not properly holstered. I suspect that may have something to do with this. I don't know if the chief told the truth, or where the firearm was, but if he was brandishing it, I'm less inclined to give him the benefit of a doubt

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Although we can all agree that it responsible to use a holster, the law does not specify that a gun must be in a holster does it?

griffin

If the pistol was tucked into his waistband, maybe the chief thought he was CCing without a license (even though most think the law states you no longer need one). The AG apparently thinks that unlicensed OC is lawful but unlicensed CC is not. :confused:

rightwinglibertarian

Oh what a crazy world we live in. The judge found him 'guilty' of exercising an automatic Constitutional right and is extorting money from him for doing so. The article did say he was going to continue, which is good. But the flip side is, he's now almost guaranteed to have to use his weapon to defend himself against crimes committed against him. Which is where it can and will get very bad. I tip my hat to him and hope 1) he has a good lawyer and 2) it never escalates that far

stealthyeliminator

If the pistol was tucked into his waistband, maybe the chief thought he was CCing without a license (even though most think the law states you no longer need one). The AG apparently thinks that unlicensed OC is lawful but unlicensed CC is not. :confused:

Video that I've seen plainly shows handgun in holster.

The whole thing - all charges - are pure poppycock.

Interesting, when the chief placed him under arrest he said that Richard could call and talk to his lawyer when he bonded out.

Chief also calls a magazine a clip.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I won't assume that this is related to the open carry arrest. Considering the attitude of this Chief, he has probably made plenty of enemies over the years.
Nevertheless, someone is attempting to lay the blame on advocates of the 2A.

HPmatt

couldn't tell if truck was old and worn out or not...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

qednick

Here's a pic of Erek Balentine (now former police chief) from his mugshot after his arrest a couple years ago for beating up on his missus. Still can't believe he was made police chief in the first place.

Attachments

• Erek-110116042837_EREK_BALENTINE-640x357.jpg
    Erek-110116042837_EREK_BALENTINE-640x357.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 238

stealthyeliminator

He claims that he couldn't be the culprit because he owes too much on the vehicle.
Um, excuse me, but isn't that the #1 most popular motive for vehicular insurance fraud?

http://www.thv11.com/story/news/201...e-chiefs-truck-vandalized-overnight/32518569/

Just days after the truck incident, the chief resigns citing safety concerns, but makes a point to say he'll continue his tyranny in pursuing the open carry persecution (my words). http://www.thv11.com/story/news/loc...esign-in-effort-to-keep-family-safe/72574190/

Former chief Balentine has accepted a plea deal in federal court on a stolen property charge. "Williams confirmed that an investigation into the burning of Balentine’s truck led towards Balentine himself, and the discovery that Balentine took a firearm that had been donated to the police department for a charity auction, sold the gun, and pocketed the proceeds. It is this stolen property charge that Balentine is pleading guilty to in what appears to be a deal to avoid mail fraud charges for the arson of his truck."

Balentine's lawyer is apparently hoping for probation. After everything this guy has done, honestly, I think it'd be an injustice to the people for him to get off with just probation.

http://bearingarms.com/police-chief-claimed-truck-torched-guns-rights-activists-pleads-guilty/

If he hasn't done so already Mr. Chambliss should sue the arresting officer, ex-chief Ballentine, the prosecutor and if possible the judge. This would teach the City of Bald Knob that illegal and corrupt actions will cost them. Yea, I know that the insurance company will foot the bill but such actions makes the premium go up.

From what I have read from other sources they were all in cahoots with each other not only on this case but several others that came to light.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
If he hasn't done so already Mr. Chambliss should sue the arresting officer, ex-chief Ballentine, the prosecutor and if possible the judge. This would teach the City of Bald Knob that illegal and corrupt actions will cost them. Yea, I know that the insurance company will foot the bill but such actions makes the premium go up.

From what I have read from other sources they were all in cahoots with each other not only on this case but several others that came to light.
If they are self insured as many municipalities are, then the tax payers will foot the bill.