• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Got my LTCH and have questions PLEASE HELP!!

benvg123

I am 20 years old and got my life long license, am I now legally able to conceal carry my pistol?

Also I am going on a road trip through some states out west that allow indianas license, since I am 20 (not 21 like most states have) am i legally allowed to carry when going through these states?

PLEASE HELP I do not want to be shot or arrested for something like this and my research is coming up pretty fruitless.

ICBM

re:

Once a proper person obtains a License to Carry Handgun, they can carry it open or concealed in the state of Indiana, there is no legal difference.

The rights you have for carrying a handgun very from state to state, so check Indiana LCH reciprocity for each state (there's a color coded map somewhere).
If the state does not accept our License or has concealed only, you still have the right to travel with it, as long as you don't stop in the state, anything more than a gas stop is questionable. I believe it's the law or right of free travel... or interstate travel?.... something like that. Info would be with that map.

I personally would check the laws in each state I travel through as well, especially Illinois.

benvg123

Ok awesome thanks for the reply so for example in Colorado they allow Indiana carey license would I be allowed to carry in their state even though their law is 21?

cce1302

Ok awesome thanks for the reply so for example in Colorado they allow Indiana carey license would I be allowed to carry in their state even though their law is 21?

If they accept Indiana's license, then they accept it, period, unless there is a clause that excepts those who are under 21 and have an out of state license. It'll take some research, but it's a good idea to read each law from the source (i.e. colorado.gov website) so you know that it is up to date. I think USAcarry will link you to the state pages.