• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Self Defense Insurance/Legal Services

MackTheKnife

Insurance

I am new to the forum and suspect this subject has been covered in detail in the past. I have been researching this subject for several months now and have not come to any reasonable conclusion to what programs out there are thei best to spend my money on. Anyone have any suggestions ?

The recent issue of RECOIL magazine had an extensive article on this. I believe the author is attorney who has a couple of policies. The Armed Citizen company mentioned in the previous post is one of them. They apparently pay you money up front, vice reimbursement, for your attorney compared to other companies. The NRA also offers insurance.

davidmcbeth

Banned
The recent issue of RECOIL magazine had an extensive article on this. I believe the author is attorney who has a couple of policies. The Armed Citizen company mentioned in the previous post is one of them. They apparently pay you money up front, vice reimbursement, for your attorney compared to other companies. The NRA also offers insurance.

This the page? for the recoil mag article?
http://www.recoilweb.com/preview-the-best-offense-69223.html

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Looks like the right one.
Snipped and out of contect:

Courts "have affirmed coverage denials in shooting cases on the basis that there was no ‘accident’ and hence no ‘occurrence’ as the policies define that term.”

'Jus sayin'.

Bear in mind that the insurance company's goal is to retain their money, not give it to you.

My go to attorney/guru does not endorse these.....and he did not charge for that. :D

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
As always, follow the money. Sequi pecunia possideri!

People looking for insurance and getting it are wasting their money IMO. The whole idea of insurance for guns? Comes from Japanese law (which is much different than US law) ~ all gun owners there must have insurance and if it lapses, they take away your guns. That's the goal of politicians and their insurance requirement push.

They did not make those nice insurance buildings by simply handing over cash to people.

cmmiller0728

Banned
Have you looked into the USCCA (Unite States Concealed Carry Association)? The carry self defense insurance (SHIELD) at a very reasonable cost and they cover a lot of things such as Attorney retainer fees, lost wages, and many other costs. They have three levels of insurance with the top one covering up to 1 million dollars of overall coverage. This is no gimmick, the company is nationally renowned, and their insurance have helped many people with self defence legal issues. GOOGLE USCCA and the first link should be a direct link to their site.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

cmmiller0728

Banned
Just providing info. It's a legit and affordable insurance and we'll worth having.

cmmiller0728

Banned
And are you so closed minded to not see that someone is new to this form? Rather than barking at a newbie why don't you try being a little more helpful. I don't deal with people like you in real life and that sure as hell won't change on here. I joined to try to get info, provide info and enjoy the environment, not feel like I'm the whole reason your world sucks. Back down and be a little more helpful. The world could use more of that and a little less of what you're throwing around.

solus

--moderator deleted quote--

forgive the intrusion, cmm, but why, as a 'newbie' are you being so argumentative coupled with throwing names at members from the git go and posting double posts on the same material against forum rules.

you stated your opinion and while you didn't like the response yet you continued to pursue your opinion like it was the grail.

you were welcomed now show like you are welcomed or some could consider your intentions something other than a newbie.

and yes this is me being shy and reserved towards a newbie

ipse

Last edited by a moderator: