• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gov. Hogan Declares a State of Emergency, Activates National Guard

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
The outcome will be the same in court based on the evidence whether she waited for a grand jury or not. We have been charging officials here in NC for decades with good results. Every good cop knows that time is of the essence of getting a conviction. Not taking time, but getting cases to the courtroom in a efficient manner.

Ya Know that whole speedy trial thang...
Understand. However, when the prosecutor announced charges using the language of the outraged social justice warrior crowd and talks about no justice/no peace chants from rioters instead of a deliberative charging process, I have my doubts about the legitimacy and validity of the timing, charges and gov't actions.

In a big D corrupt-o-burg such as Baltimore, it is very possible that the "victim", cops and prosecutor are all in the wrong simultaneously.

WalkingWolf

Understand. However, when the prosecutor announced charges using the language of the outraged social justice warrior crowd and talks about no justice/no peace chants from rioters instead of a deliberative charging process, I have my doubts about the legitimacy and validity of the timing, charges and gov't actions.

In a big D corrupt-o-burg such as Baltimore, it is very possible that the "victim", cops and prosecutor are all in the wrong simultaneously.

I will have to disagree, I do not think Mosby is wrong, I believe she is a brave woman.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
I will have to disagree, I do not think Mosby is wrong, I believe she is a brave woman.
Perhaps, but no need to disagree. I intentionally couched my comment with "could" and "possible" as I am not at all sure of anything in this matter thus far. It is not a skepticism of either side, but rather of both.

The only factual matter that appears to be uncontroverted at this point is the LEO failing to secure the seat belt of Freddie Grey and that such was a direct violation of policy that was reviewed with LEO only a day or two prior. If there is a claim of mitigating circumstances preventing this I have not heard of it (although I expect something in this regard being claimed due to his supposed combativeness). I have to assume that this is being blamed as a proximate cause for Grey's head injury from the bolt in the van as that is the only way the evidence I have seen makes sense in relation to the charges.

I actually hope that you are correct, WalkingWolf, and that this is not another cluster of prosecutorial overreach and over charging otherwise I think the end result will be worse than it would have been otherwise.