• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anchorage Alaska Open Carry question!

Ryan James

I am military serving on JBER, I know I can conceal and carry and understand the rules behind it. I have done a lot of googling and have not seen a strait up answer to the question.

Can you Open Carry in Anchorage, I feel like i know the answer is yes, I just want a group of people to say it and reference it. As i have not found a state document that says the words open carry on it, everything says conceal.

As you can understand i am military and want to make sure i follow the rules as to not get shafted as they say.

Thanks for your time!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Welcome aboard Ryan.

Moved your post to the Alaska sub-forum because the question is state specific.

OC of a handgun is legal in Alaska precisely because there is no law making it illegal.

mobiushky

I am military serving on JBER, I know I can conceal and carry and understand the rules behind it. I have done a lot of googling and have not seen a strait up answer to the question.

Can you Open Carry in Anchorage, I feel like i know the answer is yes, I just want a group of people to say it and reference it. As i have not found a state document that says the words open carry on it, everything says conceal.

As you can understand i am military and want to make sure i follow the rules as to not get shafted as they say.

Thanks for your time!

Generally laws regarding firearms are in AK statute 11.61.190-220. In that list in no place does it say openly carrying is illegal. The only references to manner of carry are relating to "concealed" carry as in 11.61.220. So like the people above have said, if it's not illegal, it's legal.

ArtBrownSr

Preemption laws take effect

Thankfully awhile back the AK state Legislature took back control IF it is state legal the city can't say different we still have to follow Fed. Regs. for buildings and facilities but the individual legal entities( Boroughs and cities) can not exceed the state statutes.

ArtBrownSr

He was jerkin' your chain and playin'.

Understood Grapeshot I've caught a lot of small fish and let them keep playing on the line until THEY get tired.
I won't call them names and I'll try to use them as a teaching tool for others that are willing to learn.
I HAVE GRANDKIDS that learn by reaching into a hole without looking in it first.

The Truth

Sir would you please revisit this post and translate to AMERICAN english. All the words are english words but the distribution is mangled.
Thanks, My old brain refuses to make a sentence out of it.

I would like to Anchorage you to OC as much as possible = I would like to encourage you to Open Carry as much as possible.