• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New jersey-ites is this really true?

fjpro2a

NO

No, it is not that bad here. IT IS WORSE!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Believe me, it is much worse. Major OOOFFFAAAHHH!!!

countryclubjoe

I rate NJ ahead of NY in terms of being the worst anti 2A state in the United States...

Think of this... In reviewing the NJ state constitution revised in 1947... There is no mention of a 2A right that gives its citizens " the right to keep and bear arms"...

Here is what the 2A in NJ is.

" All political power, is inherent in the people. Government is instituted for the protection,security, and benefit of the people, and they have the right at all times to alter or reform the same, whenever the public good may require it..."

So my friends, no mention in the NJ constitution that its citizens have a right to keep and bear arms...

Regards
CCJ

countryclubjoe

I saw the video of the stop and arrest on another site.

The sheriff was a complete assh.. The gentleman should have never given the sheriff permission to search his vehicle...In the video their is no mention of what RAS the sheriff gave for making the stop, it looks like a rural area in NJ and I did not observe any other vehicles in the area...

The good news for Mr. Vanglider is that his attorney, is the very best in the state on gun laws and the 2A.

I will be following this case front start to finish...

On a side note, that antique flintlock looked well made and appears to be a valuable piece of gun history.

My .02

CCJ

cjasper

Wow. Makes me feel safer driving through the ghettos of north St. Louis than going to the State of New Jersey for any reason. I never thought there was a nuttier state than California, but New Jersey takes the cake!!

countryclubjoe

Wow. Makes me feel safer driving through the ghettos of north St. Louis than going to the State of New Jersey for any reason. I never thought there was a nuttier state than California, but New Jersey takes the cake!!

+1

Law abider

I rate NJ ahead of NY in terms of being the worst anti 2A state in the United States...

Think of this... In reviewing the NJ state constitution revised in 1947... There is no mention of a 2A right that gives its citizens " the right to keep and bear arms"...

Here is what the 2A in NJ is.

" All political power, is inherent in the people. Government is instituted for the protection,security, and benefit of the people, and they have the right at all times to alter or reform the same, whenever the public good may require it..."

So my friends, no mention in the NJ constitution that its citizens have a right to keep and bear arms...

Regards
CCJ

There is so much commotion about the supremacy clause. The president claims that Arizona has no right to protect it's borders. It is their job. What I mean is that the US constitution is the supreme law of the land. The state constitution is subservient to it otherwise what's the purpose of the US constitution? Something is very wrong in NJ.
The 14th Amendment states in section 1: All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

Hello? But the liars.. I mean lawyers would say oh it is more complicated than that. That's pulling wool over our eyes. I don't believe for a second the bloggers from NJ are that stupid.

Last edited by a moderator:

Maverick9

Didn't know the state law. Nobody to blame but himself.

Also, didn't need to declare the firearm - again, didn't know the law. No duty to inform, no duty whatsoever to discuss a firearm. Probably failed to keep his car in good operating condition.

Bad law? Yes. No excuse for LAC not to know them WRT handguns.

Should have moved state earlier. Sad to hear it might affect his pension.

utbagpiper

Banned
Didn't know the state law. Nobody to blame but himself.

Also, didn't need to declare the firearm - again, didn't know the law. No duty to inform, no duty whatsoever to discuss a firearm. Probably failed to keep his car in good operating condition.

Bad law? Yes. No excuse for LAC not to know them WRT handguns.

Should have moved state earlier. Sad to hear it might affect his pension.

It is certainly prudent for each of us to know and abide the laws of the several States.

But to blame the victim for being a victim of oppressive laws is absurd. Would you have ever said that a black man in the Jim Crow South had "no excuse" not to know the laws regarding segregation and therefore should have simply moved out of State rather than making the mistake of trying to by a sandwich at an all white lunch counter, or relieve himself in an whites-only restroom?

While no State yet has gun laws in perfect harmony with the clear intent and protections of the 2nd amendment (or even their own State Constitutional RKBA provisions in most cases), there are a few States that are so insanely oppressively that no rational, moral man can view the laws as anything other than the current version of Jim Crow directed against otherwise law abiding citizens who happen to be gun owners.

We obey the laws. But we also get to call a spade a spade when laws are beyond all defense.

Blaming the victim is needlessly and offensive. Doubly so in an era when our President and Attorney General are taking their "discretionary" powers to all kinds of new limits regarding those who very deliberately violate our immigration, employment, and ID laws. There are real victims with ID theft/fraud. Who was hurt in this case except the guy getting prosecuted?

Charles

Kopis

Good lesson for everyone here about talking too much. He had no reason to inform the officer. It isnt like it's a functioning weapon actually.

Another site mentioned that some officers thought they should just let it go but the sheriff said, no the law is the law and he broke it. (he wasnt arrested till the next day when they sent four LEOs to his house).

OC Freedom

Now hold it right there, Let's give Kalifornia a couple of weeks, I'm sure they will do something to top New Jersey.
Come on Kalifornia don't allow New Jersey to oppress its subjects more than you, where's your Pride?

WalkingWolf

Just one of many reasons I will NEVER vote for the New Jewsey Fat Boy for anything, I'd even go 3rd party if he gets the nomination.

I pray he does not get the nomination, I certainly will vote against him in the primaries. As far as the presidential election he is no different than Billary. In that case it would be a choice of equal evils.