• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC walk in Texarkana

stealthyeliminator

Following a Texas side walk, there will be a modern holstered pistol OC walk on the Arkansas side of State Line in Texarkana on March 28th. If anyone is interested I can provide more details on time and location.

ccwinstructor

Centurion
I am interested. Web forums with details, or facebook links, would help

Following a Texas side walk, there will be a modern holstered pistol OC walk on the Arkansas side of State Line in Texarkana on March 28th. If anyone is interested I can provide more details on time and location.

If I can find enough detail for interest, I could write an article.

stealthyeliminator

Here is a link to the facebook even for the "Texas segment" and event description below: https://www.facebook.com/events/1549791575297024/
"Come and walk both sides of the line with us as we flex our rights and educate the public about the current law in Texas and how it compares to Arkansas as well as many other states and what we plan to change about it! CJ Grisham, the president and founder of OCT will also be in attendance. Come and meet the spark that ignited a wildfire in the push for more gun rights and liberty for Texans! We will be meeting in the parking area between Fuzzy's Tacos and Wing stop on the Texas side. After we are finished in Texas we will cross into Arkansas to exercise a right denied to us by the state of Texas. We will be carrying modern handguns openly under Arkansas's constitutional carry law Act 746, no licence required. This is a can't miss two state event! Be there!

***Long guns and black powder revolvers only in Texas, firearms must be slung or holstered at all times with no rounds in the chamber***

***Modern handguns only in Arkansas, must be in a holster***

***You are not required to be armed to attend***

***This is a family friendly event, feel free to bring your spouse and kids***"

I think that the Texas side stuff and the Arkansas side stuff are being done as "separate" events (i.e. OCT is not officially "running" the Arkansas side event) but I don't think there is a facebook event page or description specifically for the Arkansas side segment currently. The description above pretty much covers everything though.

Edit: The roads at this location are neat. This is the intersection of State Line Ave, which runs down the actual state line between Texas and Arkansas, and Texas/Arkansas Blvd which is, of course, named Texas Blvd on the Texas side and changes to Arkansas Blvd as you cross State Line.

Last edited:

stealthyeliminator

If anyone is planning on attending this, you should be aware that some Texarkana Arkansas law enforcement officers have indicated through private channels that they intend to order dispersement, followed by issuing citations, followed by arrest. Whether or not the sharing of this information is actually intended to discourage the event, without any intent to actually follow through on those actions, is undetermined. I am uncertain, but I expect the event to more or less "go by ear"

77zach

I wonder what law they'll make up to charge you with. I find the Arkansas situation very disturbing as the law is clear.

stealthyeliminator

I wonder what law they'll make up to charge you with. I find the Arkansas situation very disturbing as the law is clear.

I agree. I don't think the officers have any idea what charges could even possibly come out of an arrest... They're just doing the "following orders" thing so far as I can tell.

stealthyeliminator

Everyone was arrested.......... Just kidding. :lol: The Arkansas open carry walk went great. The only news article I've been able to find so far is on a website that requires a subscription. If I find one that anyone can read I'll post a link.

ccwinstructor

Centurion