• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recovering a Lost Firearm from Airport Rental company (airport police)

davidmcbeth

Banned
so they go out behind the police station and shoot a bucket of water? Do they take a scan of it after? How are the rifling and firing pin marks recorded and where are they stored?

I definitely agree with you about many LEOs not having a clue about laws or how to operate a firearm. My buddy's girlfriend was shooting an AR pistol (buffer tube only, no Sig brace). Her dad is a Lt. at memphis PD. Anyway, when he saw the pic, he flipped his lid screaming that she was shooting an illegal gun, blah blah blah. He didnt know why it was illegal and didnt even say SBR but just the fact he had never seen a pistol AR before scared him. After we explained/showed him, he was like, wow cool, can you build me one?

yeah, i have mixed opinions on it but the law at the time was that you would need to have an HCP permit to carry a loaded pistol in the car and i need to CYA somehow since im already breaking the rules. It's the easiest/most logical way for me to help gun owners but also CYA. Im also not in the rental division anymore so it's a mute point.

moot not mute .... but I understand your position. Carry on! Funny story on the Lt...he did not get to be a Lt by being ignorant ! lol

Ah.....have I turned into a grammar nazi?

Last edited:

Kopis

I'm usually a grammar nazi myself. If i need correction, that's my fault. I'm just typing some reports and flipping screens back and forth. My hands are running faster than my mind i guess.

davidmcbeth

Banned
I'm usually a grammar nazi myself. If i need correction, that's my fault. I'm just typing some reports and flipping screens back and forth. My hands are running faster than my mind i guess.

Like I say "Three trillion people and cats on the internet and I run into THIS guy"

FreeInAZ

I sense this is yet another drive by post? We may never from allenas again? Hope the firearm is returned by the "show me your papers now! " (insert heavy German accent) patrol.

davidmcbeth

Banned
I sense this is yet another drive by post? We may never from allenas again? Hope the firearm is returned by the "show me your papers now! " (insert heavy German accent) patrol.

Maybe he locked himself inside another rental car and is now at some black site facility?

Kopis