• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Asked to leave Dick's Sporting Goods today.

snirp88

I emailed corporate and told them everything that happened and all a customer service representative told me was that they do not have a policy and is at the store managers discretion. So I replied and requested someone higher up in management and still haven't had a reply in 3 days.

edaley

Same thing happened to me and I complained to the higher ups but they didn't seem to care either.

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
I went over looking for a benis tennis racket and they did not have any. False advertising I yelled and ran out. Dick's is a dick. Move to other vendors.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
I went over looking for a benis tennis racket and they did not have any. False advertising I yelled and ran out. Dick's is a dick. Move to other vendors.
Yelling and running out does not count unless you rolled around on the floor and kicking your feet. You must throw a complete tantrum for it to count.

solus

Yelling and running out does not count unless you rolled around on the floor and kicking your feet. You must throw a complete tantrum for it to count.

oh pls..do not put ideas in his head, i already have a visual of the event and i'm scared...

ipse

Maverick9

Get ten of your OC friends, go back and say 'we all have formed a skeet shooting club and want to buy your most upend shotguns.

They won't throw you out. If they do get a manager. Get the manager to say (on recorder) 'it's fine to OC here'. THen you've got a free pass.

Of course you don't need to actually buy the shotguns.

solus

mgr of local dick's (mike) chatted almost a half a hour yesterday while he personally showed me where the product(s) i was seeking were located....ended our discussion offering to take him & his partner + to my range and shoot next time he is off...time will tell if his bravado pans out.

ipse

countryclubjoe

Hello,
I am new the forum and just wanted to share one of my first negative open carry encounters. I am extremely disappointed in Dick's Sporting Goods at Corner Star in Aroura as earlier today 2 friends and I were in there looking for a .22 rifle for one of them. I was open carrying a handgun in a blackhawk retention holster and when my friend asked to take a look at a rifle the gun counter attendant asked to see his I.D. and held on to it while he was taking a look at the rifle. One he was done he handed it back and the attendant told my friend that he has to ask us to leave on the grounds that "Because we sell guns and your friend is armed." None of us said another word and we left the establishment. Ironic because my friend was planning on purchasing the rifle. But I hope they lose more business that just his 250 dollars.

Requesting ID simply to look at a product, is that also the stores policy?

Regards

CCJ

solus

Requesting ID simply to look at a product, is that also the stores policy?

Regards

CCJ

countryclub, i could see, could mind you, a firearms salesperson asking to validate the individual's ID, or age to handle/purchase a firearm even before being shown said firearm. perhaps the salesperson whatever their spidy senses tingling alerted them to, felt allowing an individual to handle over a firearm could result in a grab and snatch situation but now has a ID if it goes down.

since snirp88, posted his encounter in 2014, supposedly talked, via phone, to the store manager who allegedly stated, according to the OP, quote: I just got off the phone with the store manager and turns out it was the same guy. He assured me that that was the policy and once again told me it was "because we sell guns." unquote.

the OP allegedly raised the issue to corp level and supposedly told: quote: I emailed corporate and told them everything that happened and all a customer service representative told me was that they do not have a policy and is at the store managers discretion. unquote

ccj, sorry but out of 610 establishments spread across this country, only a handful of issues making it way to this forum's attention and the only side we hear about is one side.

ipse

countryclubjoe

countryclub, i could see, could mind you, a firearms salesperson asking to validate the individual's ID, or age to handle/purchase a firearm even before being shown said firearm. perhaps the salesperson whatever their spidy senses tingling alerted them to, felt allowing an individual to handle over a firearm could result in a grab and snatch situation but now has a ID if it goes down.

since snirp88, posted his encounter in 2014, supposedly talked, via phone, to the store manager who allegedly stated, according to the OP, quote: I just got off the phone with the store manager and turns out it was the same guy. He assured me that that was the policy and once again told me it was "because we sell guns." unquote.

the OP allegedly raised the issue to corp level and supposedly told: quote: I emailed corporate and told them everything that happened and all a customer service representative told me was that they do not have a policy and is at the store managers discretion. unquote

ccj, sorry but out of 610 establishments spread across this country, only a handful of issues making it way to this forum's attention and the only side we hear about is one side.

ipse

I was simply fishing to ascertain if the Dicks store at that location is discriminating against certain folks or is the requesting of ID required for everyone that wishes to handle and possibly purchase a fire-arm.. A store clerk/managers 'spidy senses' could in fact led to a civil suit, unless there is in fact a store policy in place for everyone.. Clearly you Sir can see where Im going with this..

IPSE, I always enjoy your post!
Regards
CCJ