• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Target asking customers not to carry in their store...

tazxrulz

Well that's a blow huh? Boyscout what do you think about this? I know you said in the past that you go to Target over Wal-Mart since they are OC friendly. Have you carried openly at Target lately? If so, did you have any issues?

WalkingWolf

Well that's a blow huh? Boyscout what do you think about this? I know you said in the past that you go to Target over Wal-Mart since they are OC friendly. Have you carried openly at Target lately? If so, did you have any issues?

I hope you are just kidding, especially since a Target spokesperson clearly said it was not a prohibition, that Target will still allow carry. Will not post signs or even ask armed customers to leave. If you not kidding you might look like a fool.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
All they did was clarify that you are not welcome, but they will still take your money if you insist.

For some reason, many members don't have a real problem with this.

The Truth

I open carry at Target in VA all the time with no issue. As for them asking OC'ers not to carry in the store, I guess there are more angry mothers shopping at Target than OC'ers, so I guess it's just Darwinism.