• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Carry in State Parks & Acadia

Freiheit417

Do I understand correctly that the ban on carrying in State Parks (May-Sept) has been repealed by LD 1347?

7. Exceptions. Notwithstanding subsection 6 or any other rule-making authority, the bureau may not adopt rules that prohibit the following persons from carrying a concealed handgun in the buildings or parts of buildings and other public property that are under the bureau’s jurisdiction:
A. A person to whom a valid permit to carry a concealed handgun has been issued under Title 25, chapter 252. The person must have in that person's possession the valid permit; [2013, c. 424, Pt. A, §4 (AMD).]

http://www.mainelegislature.org/legis/statutes/12/title12sec1803.html

The above does not include Baxter State Park since it's governed by a separate agency, correct? Also, are State Parks CC only or does a permit allow OC as well?

Acadia:
To my understanding - OC banned, CC OK w/ Maine permit
Buildings containing Federal employees, e.g. ranger stations, visitor information centers, museums(?) are off-limits I assume, but what about any other places in the park such as restaurants?

It looks like things have changed a bit in the past couple years, so I'm having a hard time finding accurate and up-to-date info.

Any insight would be appreciated! It will help my visit to Maine go smoothly.

Thanks!

boyscout399

You can't OC in state parks still. The government cannot prevent you from CCing in parks though. Correct about Acadia, OC no, CC yes.