• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Unable to post from PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tucker6900

Does anyone have any idea why I am not able to post from my pc? I can edit my own posts, read all existing posts, etc, I just cant reply or start a new topic. Any ideas?

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

stealthyeliminator

Dear Editor Keene,

The expression of opinion as free speech is being commoditized (commodified), and transformed into something bought and sold at the expense of its intrinsic value.

I value my privacy enough that I employ a computer/browser suite of filters and blockers to prevent any commercial content spying on me or reaching my eye. The Washington Times has contracted with DISQUS to provide a commercial forum for the expression of opinion, in which I can no longer participate for it's commercialization.

DISQUS merely exemplifies a host of such enterprises. I listen to talk radio streamed over the internet to my Island, too remote for any but expensive pop broadcasts to reach. Now the contractor employs Digital Rights Management protocols to commoditize the free speech opinion I once enjoyed.

An admission turnstyle is being built at the entrance to the forum and The Commons are being fenced off.

Respectfully,

What the ****?

Tucker6900, are you still having this problem? Can you describe what's happening in more detail? How far along in the posting process do you get? Do you get an error message? Does your cursor indicate loading? Browser status bar show a particular page or script attempting to load? What operating system, browser and browser version are you using? Etc. etc. Mostly detail about what you are seeing and experiencing should help get started down a troubleshooting path, if you which to pursue that.

davidmcbeth

Banned
OP, FYI ... on my end, no problems

Sounds like its on your end ...

have you tried shutting it off and on again?

Kidding

Status
Not open for further replies.