• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New 2AF Tool: State Reciprocity Lookup and State Gun Laws quick guide

2AFriendly

As you might know, the new +P version of the 2AFriendly app automatically detects your state and shows you reciprocity based on your carry license/permit(s).

Since we already did the legwork for the app, we want to make that data available to everyone. We feel our unique method of handling the output is it is useful and easy to grasp, and it includes some quick details about state laws that we need to know as we travel. In addition - like everything we build, It'll work on your mobile device.

Check it out here:
http://2afriendly.com/2afriendly-reciprocity.php

lZY6jfq.png

2AFriendly

Installed it on my Android mobile, works great, seems to be a well-written app. Took a quick look around and rated nine businesses in which I have openly carried and rated them as "Friendly." This app will be useful.

Thank you. Our next project(s) are to create more data viewing tools - for example a way to view the highest-ranked OC cities in the country, or state-by-state counts... Much to do!

OC for ME

I am not a fan of my mobile device "knowing" my location.....thus, the service provider may know my location, other than by towers used. Does this app require the mobile device to "know" where it is? It seems that a manual entry is available based on the screen capture.

2AFriendly

I am not a fan of my mobile device "knowing" my location.....thus, the service provider may know my location, other than by towers used. Does this app require the mobile device to "know" where it is? It seems that a manual entry is available based on the screen capture.

You can turn off the GPS on your device for sure.

From the app, if you have GPS turned off, you can scroll the map around and rate someplace that is not near your location.
Or, places can be manually rated online, here: http://2afriendly.com/2afriendly-rate.php

The screenshot and link in the OP above is something completely different. It's a web browser tool to look up reciprocity, and does not know where you are.

Last edited:

OC for ME

You can turn off the GPS on your device for sure.

From the app, if you have GPS turned off, you can scroll the map around and rate someplace that is not near your location.
Or, places can be manually rated online, here: http://2afriendly.com/2afriendly-rate.php
Thanks. I do wear tinfoil where my mobile device is concerned.

I presumed, correctly or incorrectly, I don't know at this point, that the two state drop downs shown were always visible in the app. Is this a correct presumption? This app interests me.

2AFriendly

Thanks. I do wear tinfoil where my mobile device is concerned.

I presumed, correctly or incorrectly, I don't know at this point, that the two state drop downs shown were always visible in the app. Is this a correct presumption? This app interests me.

I understand :) There's a lot of gun guys who agree with you on that.

It works differently in the +P app. You have a user profile, and you have dropdowns to select your state(s) where your License/Permits are from, (if you choose.)

Then, if you have GPS turned on, the app gets the state you're in and shows you the reciprocity info automatically. clicking on it pops up the brief gun law guide.

Also note that this feature is not in the free version of the app.

User profile screen where you can select your license/permits:
EvmYl5m.jpg

Home screen that tells you the state and reciprocity based on y our permit/license(s):
bbRoEKO.jpg

State laws screen:
plzqQRp.png

Last edited:

2AFriendly

Just sent them a "suggestion" as they have no entry in the state permits for an ENHANCED IDAHO permit that IS recognized by Nevada!

Looks like we'll need a third type of gun "permit" - "enhanced."

Last edited: