• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Site designation of Open Carry forum members ??

stealthyeliminator

I have actually been wondering about that (campaigns -- what "OCDO" does outside of what the founders do as or not as "OCDO") -- guess I might as well borrow the tail end of this thread, eh? Any plans on new campaigns or "actual" activity that "members" can help with or participate in outside of simply ranting and raving on a forum?

1245A Defender

Well,,,

I don't know for sure (I've never asked) but I think that the first star is added after a certain minimum number of posts. I can't recall seeing a long term user/poster with no star - maybe its because I don't pay much attention to that though.

You want another one - take a couple of mine......they're heavy to lug around.

Anyone that leaves of there own volition (not banned) is welcome to come back and join in the discussions. We [strike]might[/strike] would all be better off if we stuck to facts rather than personalities. Smile a lot and be pleasant as much as possible - it works here just as much as it does on the street.

I miss certain people that are not here any longer - you might be shocked if you knew who. Their posts were often like hard chaulk on the blackboard, but one was caused to think and maybe reevluate their thinking as a result.

Just for fun, ive been looking at the oldest posts I can find.
see lots of guys with 14,, 12, and a guy joined in jan 2007 made 10 posts, got a star!
And OC for ME, been here 4 years,, 6000+ posts and a regular guy here,,, NO stars!!!

solus

perhaps oc for me declined his star in a solidarity stand for those who have had injustice perpetrated against them by society in general!

or we could start a membership demonstration on behalf of oc for me to finally be awarded his 'star' after all these long years of service to the forum.

but i truly must state ####defender...you might wish to either find something useful to do in society or turn down the meds a bit cuz you checking everyone's star status against their post'gs seems to me just a wee-bit on the creepy side.

ipse

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
see lots of guys with 14,, 12, and a guy joined in jan 2007 made 10 posts, got a star!
And OC for ME, been here 4 years,, 6000+ posts and a regular guy here,,, NO stars!!!
Will see what I can find out and possibly get fixed.

PistolPackingMomma

He can have mine. It's an arbitrary array of pixels with no applicable significance to real life or one's social standing on the forum.

OC for ME

Regular guy.....check. No stars?.....no big deal[SUP]1[/SUP].

[SUP]1[/SUP] If I am, perchance, awarded a star, you may have it.

scott58dh

Thanks to Grape & everyone else (from top to bottom) for making This Forum one of The Best to be a part of in the World Wide Web :exclaim:

Last edited:

solus

I consider a Star to be sort of a Badge of Honor for being involved with some of the shenanigans (which I also contribute to & deserve to receive as well) that occasionally goes on here. :banghead:

But who am I to say anything about anything,,,?:uhoh:

just a glutton for punishment I guess,,,,,

View attachment 11308 :banana:

Seriously though, Thanks to Grape & everyone else (from top to bottom) for making This Forum one of The Best to be a part of in the World Wide Web :exclaim:

what a suck up :shocker:...Grape has already said it won't get you more stars...geeez.
(dontcha think i and others would have tried it if we thought it would work!!)

(it won't will it Grape...?)

ipse

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
what a suck up :shocker:...Grape has already said it won't get you more stars...geeez.
(dontcha think i and others would have tried it if we thought it would work!!)

(it won't will it Grape...?)

ipse
Nope, not a bit with me.

That's because I am of such high moral character

[SIZE=-1] [/SIZE]

...........but mostly because I have nothing to do with "awarding" stars. :p

What should mean the most IMHO is the respect and trust that we earn from our brothers and sisters here by how we purport ourselves. For that there is no greater reward than others listen to what you have to say, smile and shake your hand occasionally. We here on OCDO are indeed family.

That is why I am here - it is my chance to give back a little of what countless others have given me. Hopefully I can do that responsibly.

Truth be known, you are all STARS in my book. Without you OCDO and the good found here would not exist. The practice of OC would be rare and isolated, if it existed at all. So step up and take a well deserved bow.

Last edited:

scott58dh

Nope, not a bit with me.

That's because I am of such high moral character

[SIZE=-1] [/SIZE]

...........but mostly because I have nothing to do with "awarding" stars. :p

What should mean the most IMHO is the respect and trust that we earn from our brothers and sisters here by how we purport ourselves. For that there is no greater reward than others listen to what you have to say, smile and shake your hand occasionally. We here on OCDO are indeed family.

That is why I am here - it is my chance to give back a little of what countless others have given me. Hopefully I can do that responsibly.

Truth be known, you are all STARS in my book. Without you OCDO and the good found here would not exist. The practice of OC would be rare and isolated, if it existed at all. So step up and take a well deserved bow.

+1

Last edited:

solus

To which Pandora's box do you refer?

If you mean this thread, all anyone need do is not read or respond - take it off of your watched list.

no, the Pandora's box to which i referred is the one which allowed your humble and shy ego to escape.

ipse

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
no, the Pandora's box to which i referred is the one which allowed your humble and shy ego to escape.

ipse
There is more humility in these ol' bones than you might imagine, but I do conceed that shyness is not one of my more active traits. :lol:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Last edited: