• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Site designation of Open Carry forum members ??

2OLD2W8

I have searched the site and cannot find the answer.......What is the difference between these designations?

Founders Club
Campaign Member

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Sorry, but "Regular Members" aren't allowed to know. :D

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I have searched the site and cannot find the answer.......What is the difference between these designations?

Founders Club
Campaign Member
Designations are given either as a reward for monetary contributions to various campaigns or for service to OCDO. Time in grade is a consideration in the latter, as well as specific conduct/contributions to the forum.

No distinction is made between the two.

Maverick9

So if I send money (via PayPal?) to OCDO, I can be given a special designation? You got a link to where, how much?

davidmcbeth

Banned

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
In like vein; what do the stars represent?
Stars are another type of recognition - awarded by the Administrator - Level of activity, accuracy, quality of posts, and other criteria as determined.

Parking fees are determined by the number of stars. :p

Griz

All members who donate at least $10 to this effort will be recognized as "Activist Members" on the forum while all members who join Mike and I in donating at least $100 will be recognized as "Founder's Club Members". from link above ^^^^

That was in 2008....

I like that "Activist Member" label : )

2OLD2W8

Designations are given either as a reward for monetary contributions to various campaigns or for service to OCDO. Time in grade is a consideration in the latter, as well as specific conduct/contributions to the forum.

No distinction is made between the two.

Sir, thank you for the information......

Best Regards

1245A Defender

Well,,,

Sooooo, I would like to have some stars... And a special designation!
I have contributed to this forum for 4 1/2 years,
stepped on some toes, when I shouldnt,, made amends when I should..
Got mode'd,,, mabe twice,,,, I'll let that go... mabe I deserved it,,, could be...

I have donated to many folks that needed help here,,, for years..

100$ each for yearly for three 2 A rallys here in Olympia Washington
20$ to Hamneggs
50$ to Skidmark
20$ to Deros72
68.43$ to MOC/Lilfreak
100$ to Grapeshot
111.11$ to MKEGAL
11.11$ to MKEGAL,,, a year later, for desert!
159.69$ to W07Rolla
10.00$ to Arik45
100.00$ to Scouser

Sooo,,, Now Can I Haz???

ETA ASK,,, did I just get a star in the last 4 minutes?

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
--snipped--
ETA ASK,,, did I just get a star in the last 4 minutes?
If it wasn't there before............

I didn't do it though, the procedure is not in my manaul.

Now you can use the executive bathroom and take your turn sitting on top of the Christmas tree. :lol:

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
Stars are another type of recognition - awarded by the Administrator - Level of activity, accuracy, quality of posts, and other criteria as determined.

So you are saying you bought your stars. We understand.

Just could not resist....

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

So you are saying you bought your stars. We understand.

Just could not resist....

Not exactly....more like I'm paying for 'em.

All that glitters is not gold.

Last edited:

solus

color, no the stars should be considered like notches on the grip of his pistola from the number of smart arses he has evenhandedly banished in the name of maintaining fortuitous happenstance on this hear space of al gore's invention.

ipse

solus

Sooooo, I would like to have some stars... And a special designation!
snip...

defender...i think quite a few think you are S P E C I A L ! :shocker:

might be careful for what you wish for...

back to raisn' cain.

ipse

Last edited:

1245A Defender

Well,,,

Sooo,, I feel,,, kind of cheep and dirty now!
Her I was thinking that my time here meant something and that I had Earned my star...
Then I see,, this guy... he asks noob questions all the time,, doesnt look anything up for himself,,, Etc.

chaseget83
user-offline.png

1.gif
Join DateFeb 2014LocationSt. LouisPosts14

AND,,, he has a star!!!

If being here,,, and making a post is all it takes,,, then you can have my star back.

lot of folks been here a long time, and dont have a star..

And since9 who took his ball and left in a huff 4 months ago is now returned,,, and he has three stars!!! whats up with that???

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I don't know for sure (I've never asked) but I think that the first star is added after a certain minimum number of posts. I can't recall seeing a long term user/poster with no star - maybe its because I don't pay much attention to that though.

You want another one - take a couple of mine......they're heavy to lug around.

Anyone that leaves of there own volition (not banned) is welcome to come back and join in the discussions. We [strike]might[/strike] would all be better off if we stuck to facts rather than personalities. Smile a lot and be pleasant as much as possible - it works here just as much as it does on the street.

I miss certain people that are not here any longer - you might be shocked if you knew who. Their posts were often like hard chaulk on the blackboard, but one was caused to think and maybe reevluate their thinking as a result.