• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Must show id when ask

bushwacker

ok I assume by his stage name that he is in tx and lately we have seen what the cops think about rights and the law ....so is it really any surprise that this guy thinks this way and if he is a former cop and tried to take my lawfully carry gun.he mite get shot for attempt of strongarm robbery and other felonies ...remember he is former fuzz. u know ,one of those that need their guns taken away just like veterans due to they could possibly become terrorist ...so the government thinks

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
I'm shaking my head at the fact that otherwise intelligent posters (okay, most of them are, anyway ;)) actually have the desire to respond to an obvious troll rather than just ignoring it.

:uhoh: :uhoh:

Moving on...

It gives the membership the opportunity to educate new readers who may be unfamiliar.

Primus

I have suggested that anti-bashing cop apologists are somehow encouraged - given courage - to register/post here to balance their increasingly strident opposition. Some are more tenacious than others that drive-by, just sightseeing maybe?

Well what's the motivation to stay at a place and heckled? What do you accomplish at the end of the day by staying in a place that has more vocal anti police then pro police? And the neutral usually sit by. On occasion step in and say relax.

Have you seen the threads lately? I'm thinking almost a 2 to 1 ratio of actual open carry/ gun threads to anti police. By anti police I mean... "let me post a thread of a shooting" which is fine except you know by post 3 it will degenerate into bashing.

I get that this poster threw out stuff even I don't agree with but as someone elae already said in here it goes right to bashing. Even when guys are right and they can cite a law or case law its never " hey man look here's x,y,z". Negative its "hey you dumb thug its xyz you should know Texas city ordinances aren't you a cop on the other side of the country?? Guess your fat and stupid opinion enforcement officer" lol

And don't get me started on how you can't say ANYTHING without it somehow being "your badge involved". You can say "I like corvettes" and the response will be "yea Cruz you don't get speeding tickets!!!!" Lol

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Tackleberry1

As a former LEO ,I think it is stupid,to challenge police about your right to show id, when doing OC, how do they know if you have a current restraining order ,or dv , out on you , they do not, how do they know that your mentally stable,they don't , how do they know if you are a felon,they don't it was my job to protect and serve , protect the people in my area and serve the people of my town, so yes I will ask for an ID, if you refuse the I now have ras to believe, you my be hiding something which, now gives me PC, for a investigator stop, ask for your ID , helps you promote are cause not hurt it,cooperate with local LEO, it just the smart thing to do.

Is your "former LEO" status by choice? If you truly believe your drivel then Im guessing the answer is no. OC is not only about promoting 2A... It's about citizens asserting all of their rights and ensuring Cops like you represent yourself to be become "former cops."

The notion that police "protect" anything but the interests of the State, is a bad joke and a service that none of us asked you to perform.

Your "protection" is neither wanted or accepted.

Tack

eye95

Well what's the motivation to stay at a place and heckled? What do you accomplish at the end of the day by staying in a place that has more vocal anti police then pro police? And the neutral usually sit by. On occasion step in and say relax.

Have you seen the threads lately? I'm thinking almost a 2 to 1 ratio of actual open carry/ gun threads to anti police. By anti police I mean... "let me post a thread of a shooting" which is fine except you know by post 3 it will degenerate into bashing.

I get that this poster threw out stuff even I don't agree with but as someone elae already said in here it goes right to bashing. Even when guys are right and they can cite a law or case law its never " hey man look here's x,y,z". Negative its "hey you dumb thug its xyz you should know Texas city ordinances aren't you a cop on the other side of the country?? Guess your fat and stupid opinion enforcement officer" lol

And don't get me started on how you can't say ANYTHING without it somehow being "your badge involved". You can say "I like corvettes" and the response will be "yea Cruz you don't get speeding tickets!!!!" Lol

I would say that the incessant cop-bashers are a small, but vocal, minority. Based on my reading, the majority of posters (not the majority of posts) decry specific instances of cop thuggery and not cops in general.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
SNIP Have you seen the threads lately? I'm thinking almost a 2 to 1 ratio of actual open carry/ gun threads to anti police. By anti police I mean... "let me post a thread of a shooting" which is fine except you know by post 3 it will degenerate into bashing.

This is a huge exaggeration and a smear on the administration and moderators!

OCDO does not tolerate cop bashing! Such posts are edited or deleted. Repeat offenders get banned.

Last edited:

Primus

So, former LEO, you believe that it's stupid to stand up for one's Constitutional Rights? When you took your Oath of office, did you not swear to "protect and defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic?" Which of our other rights besides unlawful search and seizure do you believe you can just ignore?

When you were a LEO, how did you know that every driver had a license? Did you stop every car to find out if they were driving legally?

Your thinking that refusal to provide ID when none is required by law gives you RAS is probably why you're a *former* LEO. That, and your inability to write coherently. I can only imagine what your FI notes must have looked like...

Basically, I am very happy that you are a *former* LEO.

Le sigh.

And police wonder why we don't like them.

I wonder if any of our resident cops are going to refute this bul! $hit .

If they're residents, why do they act like insurgents or Moonie Missionaries?

Let's see.... post 3 isn't too bad. Except the "inibity to write coherent glad your a former Leo" part. Not too bad I agree but still a slight.

Post 4 isn't too bad except the "leos wonder we don't like THEM" implying thus guy is bad and so are ALL leos hence the broad "them" used.

And post 5 referring to leos on this board as "insurgents and moonie missionaries". Is insurgent a good thing now? How about the moonie missionary? Pretty sure they are both slights/bashes against any resident leos.

So like I said.... by post 3 it goes down hill. I wouldn't even bother quoting these things except you were implying I was exaggerating when I wasn't.

For those that say these aren't "bashes" I'd say they are based on they serve no purpose to further the thread or discussion and are slights against people/professions.

Someone saying "your a statist!!" I would NOT consider a bash since it can be true even if meant in a bad way.

None of these messages were deleted or modifies in anyone. I know I certainly didnt report them because they arent over the top bashing. Just normal everyday bashing.

The moderators and staff do a very good job of stepping in and warning and do delete the really over the top stuff. It does not stop the daily bad mouthing by select few. NOT saying it SHOULD. Its just how it is. Ive accepted it a long time ago.

WalkingWolf

Let's see.... post 3 isn't too bad. Except the "inibity to write coherent glad your a former Leo" part. Not too bad I agree but still a slight.

Post 4 isn't too bad except the "leos wonder we don't like THEM" implying thus guy is bad and so are ALL leos hence the broad "them" used.

And post 5 referring to leos on this board as "insurgents and moonie missionaries". Is insurgent a good thing now? How about the moonie missionary? Pretty sure they are both slights/bashes against any resident leos.

So like I said.... by post 3 it goes down hill. I wouldn't even bother quoting these things except you were implying I was exaggerating when I wasn't.

For those that say these aren't "bashes" I'd say they are based on they serve no purpose to further the thread or discussion and are slights against people/professions.

Someone saying "your a statist!!" I would NOT consider a bash since it can be true even if meant in a bad way.

None of these messages were deleted or modifies in anyone. I know I certainly didnt report them because they arent over the top bashing. Just normal everyday bashing.

The moderators and staff do a very good job of stepping in and warning and do delete the really over the top stuff. It does not stop the daily bad mouthing by select few. NOT saying it SHOULD. Its just how it is. Ive accepted it a long time ago.

Hit the report button or apply for a job as moderator, other than that go pound sand!

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
I would say that the incessant cop-bashers are a small, but vocal, minority. Based on my reading, the majority of posters (not the majority of posts) decry specific instances of cop thuggery and not cops in general.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

There are no cop-bashers here. Cop-bashing is not tolerated by OCDO! Bashing gets deleted. Repeat offenders get banned.

Kopis

Maybe he is a former LEO because they found out his middle school diploma was forged. The grammer in that run-on sentence is atrocious.

There is the school of thought that hey, im not a criminal so ill just give him my ID. That's were i used to be at but the more i thought about it, an officer cant stop me just because im sitting on a fast bike so why should they stop me just because im carrying a firearm? We are required to present an HCP when demanded by an LEO though so it's really irrelevant to me.

eye95

There are a few words that one must be very careful not to misspell:

1. Misspell. Way too much irony.

2. Grammar. If one is going to be a grammar nazi, he should not set himself up for the spelling nazis.

3. John Hancock (on a Liberty-centric forum).

On the last one, I Googled "new John Handcock" in case the seeming accidental vulgarity was a cultural reference. I found it all over the 'Net attributed almost exclusively to one person. Guess whose (initials DH) fingerprints are all over these references?

Last edited: