• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sheriff Shane Johnson Intimidation - Video Response

marinepilot81

All,

In response to my Civil Rights Lawsuit, Sheriff Shane Johnson of Lincoln County has repeatedly contacted my employer with the hopes of intimidating and coercing me. This is my video response:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLGAqKt_ZZo

At this point, the legal options have been exhausted. So, the fight must move to local representatives, news outlets, and elections. What I'm requesting is that you all contact your state representatives and news outlets to get this story out there. Sheriff Johnson and Lincoln County Sheriff's Department went to great lengths to make sure this case wouldn't go before my (your) peers, but I have other plans...

The PDF file of Sheriff Johnson's deposition is too large to post, but if you PM me, I'm happily email it to you.

FreeInAZ

I wonder if there is a local paper in that county? Might be worth taking out some adds (even better if done near the next re-election campaign of the sheriff). Do they have a "patch".com page for that area. If so maybe posting there could spur people to examine their sheriff's actions/inactions. Even a FaceBook campaign targeted at the sheriff maybe helpful. Just brainstorming. Sadly there are many bad leaders in LEA's across the country, which in turn fosters bad LEO's under them.

Good on you for not going quietly into the night as they desire. +1

Logan 5

Facebook would be good.
As marinepilot81 and I discussed, I know Shane and it doesn't surprise me what he's doing.

solus

you know marine, as you have previously stated in numerous public threads out here, individuals have compiled the rhetoric you have publicly stated out here as well as through the judicial system and presented them to your commander et al., and yet, after folk have advised to cut your losses after the lost court of appeals you persist.

you might take a look at UCMJ article 133 and make some life choices here because that might be your nose on the floor...

as an O-6 once told me when i went to them for advice over a cause celebre i was engaged in, he gently reminded me...'you know, i can quickly generate article 15 nonjudicial proceedings against you for whatever infraction i believe is necessary based on the mentality of maintaining the 'good' morale of my command and you have to live with that in your record for the rest of your military career.' the good col then looked me straight in the eye when i was about to protest, and he said...'trust me i can quickly find something to use for the proceeding that will not be JAG defendable against!"

fair, no, realistic from a military perspective...oh ya!!

just thought i would share a bit of my military experience...

ipse

OC for ME

If a CO uses Art 133 against a junior officer who is engaged in the proper use of the legal system, and if such proper use of the legal system does not impact "good order and discipline on the job", that CO would find himself set upon by a civilian lawyer (maybe) and possibly a JAG officer (unlikely). The key element to Art 133 is justification by the CO that the junior officer's conduct is unbecoming. The COs word alone would not be nearly sufficient to "convict" for a Art 133 charge. Especially if the accused could bring witnesses to attest to his effectiveness as a officer while on the job and that the off the job conduct did not have a impact of good order and discipline.

Art 133 is a two-way street. COs tread very very lightly, and the Navy takes a very very very dim view of uppity JOs, but they will not have a CO branded as a vindictive SOB, that label is even more damaging to good order and discipline. Wardrooms will not be populated with disgruntled JOs due to the acts of a CO. The CO club is a very exclusive club and bad PR is to be avoided like the plague. Especially in today's military where the documenting of everything is available to nearly anyone.

YMMV

marinepilot81

you know marine, as you have previously stated in numerous public threads out here, individuals have compiled the rhetoric you have publicly stated out here as well as through the judicial system and presented them to your commander et al., and yet, after folk have advised to cut your losses after the lost court of appeals you persist.

you might take a look at UCMJ article 133 and make some life choices here because that might be your nose on the floor...

as an O-6 once told me when i went to them for advice over a cause celebre i was engaged in, he gently reminded me...'you know, i can quickly generate article 15 nonjudicial proceedings against you for whatever infraction i believe is necessary based on the mentality of maintaining the 'good' morale of my command and you have to live with that in your record for the rest of your military career.' the good col then looked me straight in the eye when i was about to protest, and he said...'trust me i can quickly find something to use for the proceeding that will not be JAG defendable against!"

fair, no, realistic from a military perspective...oh ya!!

just thought i would share a bit of my military experience...

ipse

I do not represent the military in any way. None of my statements, legal actions, or opinions reflect membership in any military organization. However, since it is common knowledge I am an active duty member:

"I do solemnly swear to support and defend the CONSTITUTION OF THE UNITED STATES against ALL ENEMIES foreign and DOMESTIC."

At present, I have not been relieved of that oath. I said the oath and I meant it. I will continue to fight for the public liberty in every capacity and have no plans to "cut my losses" when my freedom and yours rests in the balance. My occupation has given me the opportunity to see a place run not by law, but by people like Sheriff Johnson and Deputy Bassett. Not on my watch. You may cut your losses, sir; I will fight on.

If you wish to join me, please contact your legislators, Wyoming Gun Owners Association, local news media, or the Sheriff himself. There is currently interest from state legislators AND local news media. Your support would greatly help curtail Lincoln County's wayward servants.

Lastly, I work with the people the Sheriff is calling. They've got a daily gauge of my performance. The Sheriff has greatly underestimated the judgment and quality of leadership of those appointed over me.

Last edited:

arab1302

For the record, guys, I believe you arr thinking of Article 134. Not 133 which is Conduct Unbecoming ... unless he is consorting with known prostitutes. :)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

solus

Marine, lets see, you state: None of my statements, legal actions, or opinions reflect membership in any military organization.

your nickname out here is marinepilot81, your lack of restrained demure in your videos, as well as your statement you are an active duty member; yet you truly believe you have not presented yourself as respresenting a military entity to the community?

an individual who alleges mistreatment by deputies representing the highest elected peace officer of a WY county which you actively pursued through judical channels and where your cause was deemed by the 10 circuit court as insufficent to get overturned. yet you still personally pursue this elected peace officer via what could be considered inflamatory youtube videos as well as posts here.

Marine, you truly feel your CO et al., if the highest elected peace officer pushes, won't ask you to participate in 'office hours' and take you to task.

then Marine, you might be in for an interesting foray that makes your wrath towards the sheriff look mild.

don't think it could happen? might read up on Sgt. Brent Burke who had 4 hung trials in the civilian judical system only to have the JAG convict http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=50155557n

ipse

OC for ME

Burke case = apple, marinepilot81 case = orange.

Marinepilot81 posting here, regarding his continuing efforts to gain a redress of wrongs, via the appropriate processes, clearly indicates to me that his CO and superior officers have not deemed his conduct as detrimental to good order and discipline.

solus

Burke case = apple, marinepilot81 case = orange.

Marinepilot81 posting here, regarding his continuing efforts to gain a redress of wrongs, via the appropriate processes, clearly indicates to me that his CO and superior officers have not deemed his conduct as detrimental to good order and discipline.

clearly the events of Marine's pursuit of his perception of justice might not warrant the news coverage as Sgt Burke's two murder conviction by UCMJ after 4 civilian hung trials, but as mentioned, an article 15 presented during office hours for an officer is a clearly career stopper as much as a court martial.

ipse

OC for ME

NJP has not been indicated. This does not, however, indicate that NJP was not imposed. I infer from the below, possibly erroneously, that NJP was not imposed.

marinepilot81
"Such is the irresistible nature of truth, that all it asks, and all it wants, is the liberty of appearing." - Thomas Paine​

marinepilot81

Everyone take a deep breath

NJP has not been indicated. This does not, however, indicate that NJP was not imposed. I infer from the below, possibly erroneously, that NJP was not imposed.

No, there has been no NJP or anything remotely close to it. Seriously guys, the good Sheriff has completely underestimated my chain of command.

With that, back to point: spreading the word/videos, calling newspapers, the Sheriff's office, representatives, and influencing elections.