• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

information on sheriff Arpaio

countryclubjoe

Sheriff Joe is our Hero.

If you don't like him or how he operates in Maricopa County, Arizona then keep your sorry back side in New Jersey.

Have a nice day.

Unfortunately I have business in Sept in North Scottsdale and hopefully I'll be able to keep my backside out of jail in Maricopa County.

COMMENTS EDITED BY ADMINISTRATOR TO REMOVE PERSONAL ATTACK

Last edited by a moderator:

FreeInAZ

North Scottsdale is a very affluent area and I happen to live there. You shouldn't have trouble, Scottsdale PD is very professional. Maricopa county Sheriff's have a substation in Cave Creek (tiny). So unless you venture into south phoenix the chances of you running into them is small. Police here in my experience are the least of your worries. Not getting killed by some of the worst drivers in the world is the real trick. ;)

mzbk2l

I've had good experiences with MCSO (stolen motorcycle quickly recovered by smart police work, and professional interactions during traffic stops - unlike DPS - and no problems when I open carry). Having said that, however, Joe is a joke. I've voted against him 4 times. For all of the bandwagon jumpers who love him for his press conferences about busting illegals, don't forget that he was never against it until he saw the publicity backlash when he arrested the Army reservist who detained several illegals at a rest area west of Phoenix. He also manages to go over budget every year, claims the 50,000+ unserved warrants in Maricopa County "aren't his job," and run jails that require federal oversight. Phoenix and Mesa PDs routinely arrest more illegals than MCSO, but they're able to do so without holding a press conference every time they bust a landscaper.

Let's not forget the way he allowed his chief deputy to retire on a Friday with full pension, then start his same job as a civilian on Monday making twice the $$ while still collecting his pension. Funny how Joke managed to convert a sworn officer position to a civilian position just in time for his buddy to soak the taxpayers for an extra $200k per yer.

Or how he tried to arrest reporters who published his address... an address that was found in the public records section of a Maricopa County website (assessor or recorder, if I remember right).

I guess the gullible voters who keep electing him get the sound-bite sheriff they deserve.

Ca Patriot

Illegal aliens don't like sheriff Joe.

People who like illegal aliens don't like sheriff Joe.

Sheriff Joe is trying to keep illegal aliens out of America.

mzbk2l

No, sheriff joke is trying to hold press conferences about keeping illegal aliens out of America. If I correctly remember a newspaper article I once read and can no longer find, Phoenix and Mesa PDs routinely bust more illegals than MCSO. They, however, don't feel the need to hold press conferences with their armored personnel carriers in the background every time they bust a landscape crew. Joke does. Reasons like that (along with the aforementioned budgetary mismanagement, personal attacks on those he doesn't like, and failure to address the outstanding warrant issues) are why many people would like to see Joke recalled.

Don't forget about sheriff joke being for illegals until he realized the publicity he could garner by being against them.

Oh, maybe you haven't been on the bandwagon that long. :)

Last edited:

Sonora Rebel

People who don't like cops don't like Sheriff Joe.

Liberals don't like Sheriff Joe.

Communists in La Raza and Derechos Humanos don't like Sheriff Joe.

Easterners have been made to think they don't like Sheriff Joe by the media who couldn't find Arizona on a map, much less Maricopa County.

countryclubjoe

People who don't like cops don't like Sheriff Joe.

Liberals don't like Sheriff Joe.

Communists in La Raza and Derechos Humanos don't like Sheriff Joe.

Easterners have been made to think they don't like Sheriff Joe by the media who couldn't find Arizona on a map, much less Maricopa County.

PEOPLE THAT DON'T LIKE TYRANTS, TYRANTS THAT VIOLATE PEOPLES LIBERTY'S DON'T LIKE SHERIFF JOKE.

Dark skin color Easterners would be well advised to avoid Maricopa County.

Sheriff Joke= Judge Roy Beane.

CCJ

Phoenix David

Thanks for the reminder, David. I read those numbers some time back in the newspaper, but I did not bookmark the article and I'm no longer able to find it. I edited my post to make it clear that I'm going by memory, not verifiable fact.

Just to clairify my intent, if that data is out there it is valuable data and should be widely disseminated and peoples views might change because it.

Knowing is half the battle :)

Sonora Rebel

PEOPLE THAT DON'T LIKE TYRANTS, TYRANTS THAT VIOLATE PEOPLES LIBERTY'S DON'T LIKE SHERIFF JOKE.

Dark skin color Easterners would be well advised to avoid Maricopa County.

Sheriff Joke= Judge Roy Beane.

CCJ

You're in New Jersey? Stay there then. 'Doesn't matter what you think of Joe. Tell us all about your personal freedom to bear arms in New Jersey. Tyrants? LOL! 'Bet you voted for one. Go troll someplace else...
Look up 8 USC. As for profiling? 99% of the illegal activilty is 'Hispanic'. http://www.pulitzer.org/archives/8376

Sonora Rebel

Self-fulling prophecy is self-fulfilling.

Dude... reality is something you have a problem with. 99% of the illegal invaders on the southern border are Hispanic. Mexico, Guatamala, El Salvadore, Honduras, Belize, Costa Rica... Comprende'?

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
Dude... reality is something you have a problem with. 99% of the illegal invaders on the southern border are Hispanic. Mexico, Guatamala, El Salvadore, Honduras, Belize, Costa Rica... Comprende'?

Here's some reality for you: border control will never, ever work. Our government is far too inept.

And that includes Sheriff Joe.

And, through it all, the control you espouse and the justifications for it remain a self-fulfilling prophecy, as is always the case when control freaks claim they need their precious government's help.

Last edited:

Sonora Rebel

Here's some reality for you: border control will never, ever work. Our government is far too inept.

And that includes Sheriff Joe.

And, through it all, the control you espouse and the justifications for it remain a self-fulfilling prophecy, as is always the case when control freaks claim they need their precious government's help.

What is it about national sovereignty you don't understand? Or 8 USC. So far... it's still illegal to shoot them in the desert.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
What is it about national sovereignty you don't understand?

Oh, I get it. I also understand that European powers believe they are entitled to disarm their subjects. I simply disagree.

I also like to remind you that your goal is a pipe-dream. As I said, government is far too inefficacious to accomplish something like border control. Better to consider options which may work than to fantasize about the impossible because you're annoyed at all the Mexicans. Frankly.

If Great Britain can't keep submachine guns from crossing their border, good luck with actual people. ;)

Last edited:

Sonora Rebel

I put you on ignore dude.... What you actually know about this border situation amounts to squat. You just like to hear yourself squeal.... and I'm past being annoyed.