• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

information on sheriff Arpaio

countryclubjoe

Was Sheriff Joe defeated in federal court for the charge of racial profiling?
Was he charged with any crimes or was he simply being sued in civil court?
Best regards,

CCJ

Last edited by a moderator:

FreeInAZ

Not to be a ****, but what does this thread have to do with OC? :confused:

countryclubjoe

Obv, nothing to do with OC however plenty to do with over zealous LEOs over stepping there authority and racial profiling and violating rights. I could only imagine if the citizens in this case were also OCering, how would Sheriff's Joe's [officers] treat the citizens?

OCers may be the next group of citizens to be profiled if they aren't already.

CCJ

COMMENTS EDITED BY ADMINISTRATOR TO REMOVE LEO BASHING

FreeInAZ

Re: information on sheriff Arpona

Actually Maricopa county is very OC friendly in my experience. I do it everyday. Even ate lunch across from a table full sheriff's not a peep about my OC.

FreeInAZ

Could you please cite or link to the cases where the Sheriff was convicted of a crime? Last I checked discrimination by a public office holder is a crime...

FreeInAZ

Oh - I consider myself a citizen of the United States of America. Not a Irish American or a Mexican American and so on. So your question is more this ...you didn't get hassled because you are not brown? Then the answer would be I don't know what was in others minds. Does racism exist? Sadly yes. Has the Sheriff been found guilty of it? To my knowledge no. That does not mean I'm wright. If you can find data that shows he has please post it.

FreeInAZ

Checked what, please? A rule (5) citation to the crime of discrimination by a public official.

The OP makes uncited claim after claim - you are ok with that? What he claims I believe on the Federal level would fall under color of law abuses sect 1983. Thanks for your one sided rule monitoring...

FreeInAZ

Was Sheriff Joe defeated in federal court for the charge of racial profiling?
Was he charged with any crimes or was he simply being sued in civil court?
Best regards,

CCJ

Ok since the OP does not follow rule 5 here we go. This appears to be against the Department as a whole and not the just the Sheriff. I tried nicely to get cites from OP - nothing - so I did the work for him. This is being fought & still going through the federal court system.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/05/2...io-to-appeal-ruling-in-racial-profiling-case/

I have to say I have been a participant on this site for 3 years and it is getting pretty "un-moderated" and we seem to have our fair share of internet ghouls here. Carry on in your usual rectal cranial inversion ways...

Last edited:

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
Ok since the OP does not follow rule 5 here we go. This appears to be against the Department as a whole and not the just the Sheriff. I tried nicely to get cites from OP - nothing - so I did the work for him. This is being fought & still going through the federal court system.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/05/2...io-to-appeal-ruling-in-racial-profiling-case/

I have to say I have been a participant on this site for 3 years and it is getting pretty "un-moderated" and we seem to have our fair share of internet ghouls here. Carry on in your usual rectal cranial inversion ways...

Right, because "Sheriff Joe" isn't well-known for personally running every aspect of his department, down to what color underwear those in its jails must wear. ;)

"Sheriff Joe" needs to go back to the 90s, or go enfarce the law somewhere like NYC. The body of America is trying to move on from that crap, finally and thankfully. It's a long row to hoe, though.

FreeInAZ

Right, because "Sheriff Joe" isn't well-known for personally running every aspect of his department, down to what color underwear those in its jails must wear. ;)

"Sheriff Joe" needs to go back to the 90s, or go enfarce the law somewhere like NYC. The body of America is trying to move on from that crap, finally and thankfully. It's a long row to hoe, though.

Well the voters here keep electing him, so he must be doing something right. I live here & can say coming from Detroit - The crime rate here is in my opinion much lower - in particular violent crime / homicides. I in no way except racism being ok period. I also do not think illegal immigration should be accepted as ok either. Hence the issues for many with the sheriff's method's who either can't or won't vote him out of office.

Last edited:

idea(l)s

enough with the race card already

57% of those arrested were illegals(court record), that's a pretty good hit rate imo !

TOF

Sheriff Joe is our Hero.

If you don't like him or how he operates in Maricopa County, Arizona then keep your sorry back side in New Jersey.

Have a nice day.

countryclubjoe

Check out [his] bio for a clearer picture.

I rest my case.

CCJ

COMMENTS EDITED BY ADMINISTRATOR TO REMOVE LEO BASHING

FreeInAZ

OK, but I expect you to reciprocate. You're equally unwelcome here.

Not how I feel - come on down marshaul (VA is a great place) and others from the NE. You'll see things first hand, and be able to judge for yourselves. I would visit Jersey given the chance, being from DETROIT most of my life, .....everywhere looks like paradise in comparison. ;)

Last edited:

countryclubjoe

Not how I feel - come on down marshaul (VA is a great place) and others from the NE. You'll see things first hand, and be able to judge for yourselves. I would visit Jersey given the chance, being from DETROIT most of my life, .....everywhere looks like paradise in comparison. ;)

Hi Free

Thank you for your reply. Your much better off in AZ then NJ.

AZ-1 sheriff joe

NJ- 100/1000 or more sheriff joes plus toughest gun laws in the country.

I was in Detroit on business about 3 months ago, horrible city. Great that your in a safer place.

Best regards.

CCJ