• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Rule 10 question

paramedic70002

(10) WE DO NOT ALLOW "FOR SALE/TRADE" OR RAFFLE ADS: We use Google Ads to help cover the expenses of the forum and their rules specifically disallow the sale of firearms, ammo and accessories (including the raffle of such).

Grapeshot quoted this rule in a post about free ammo shells. While I completely understand contractural agreements, has Google in fact abrogated such agreement as it was well reported recently that Google is now censoring firearms related items from their search results?

davidmcbeth

Banned
Grapeshot quoted this rule in a post about free ammo shells. While I completely understand contractural agreements, has Google in fact abrogated such agreement as it was well reported recently that Google is now censoring firearms related items from their search results?

http://www.smaoutfitters.com/stun-guns-tasers-c-0_216_3647.html from sales link on main page

General google requirements on weapons:

Weapon-related content

What's the policy?

Google ads are not permitted to appear on sites that sell, facilitate or advocate the sales of weapons and weapon accessories. This includes but is not limited to the sales of ammunition, gun parts, hardware, pistols, rifles, BB guns, sporting guns, air guns, blow guns, and stun guns. This policy also prohibits the placement of ads on sites which sell explosives, including fireworks.

http://support.google.com/adsense/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1348688#Weapon-related_content

Of course every contract CAN be modified ... and google generally has it so that the contract cannot be distributed ..

snatale42

I'd find another way to advertise. A gun forum that allows GOOGLE to tell the what to do is a problem. I like it here but WOW! I'd rather donate to the forum yearly or something to help it go.