• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Terrorized family: SWAT team raids wrong home

MackTheKnife

For me these cost analysts have never seems to be a valid argument. Taxpayers would be paying that $3600 even if there was no raid. Those nine cops in your example will be getting paid no matter what they were doing, be it kicking down the wrong door or giving out tickets for loitering.
The idea that money would be saved somehow by not doing a raid is bogus. Its going to be spent anyway.

Michael

Not if they are working OT. Some high risk warrant LEOs are not always SWAT. They are called in.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

MKEgal

Citizen said:
Plus, if you barge in, you get to plain-view search the place while pretending to make a protective sweep for officer safety. You know, look in every closet in every room and under every bed, the basement, the attic, every place a person could hide. See, if you can get in a protective sweep, your fishing expedition might turn up something arrestable.
And they'll even look in places a person couldn't hide... like a gym bag or CD case.
DAMHIK :mad: