• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

We are running on a new server!

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Kudos' on the new server. :cool:

Slight issue tho.....at least on my end.

Slow.....MAJOR slow, both loading the site itself and loading posts. Like dial-up slow, For at least a good month now. And a new issue today, which prompted this post. When I click a topic, I have several times got a grey screen that says something to the effect of.....site cannot be found.

I click back to the main page and try it again and it comes up. But again, major slow.

Don't have issues on other sites/forums so I am guessing it's a server thing?

I'm having the same problem with slowness. I really don't mind slowness; what I mind is the inconsistency. When its slow, and I don't know it, I click again and get the "wait ten seconds" between searches message or double-post or whatever.

I also started getting the "can't access website" message today. At first I figured it was because of the volume of users. We hit an all time high today because of the elementary school shooting and still had 1K users viewing just a few minutes ago.

I wonder if the prior slowness has anything to do with "googleads double-click net"--my history is just a mass of those in regards to this forum. And, the back -button is pretty spotty as to workability.

Or, maybe all the ads. Or, one ad in particular?

markush

Kudos' on the new server. :cool:

Slight issue tho.....at least on my end.

Slow.....MAJOR slow, both loading the site itself and loading posts. Like dial-up slow, For at least a good month now. And a new issue today, which prompted this post. When I click a topic, I have several times got a grey screen that says something to the effect of.....site cannot be found.

I click back to the main page and try it again and it comes up. But again, major slow.

Don't have issues on other sites/forums so I am guessing it's a server thing?

Same here for about the last week. Also started getting the same "unavailable" message as others today and took 7-8 tries to sign in before I didn't get that message and was signed in.

Website currently unavailable

The website you are trying to access is currently unavailable. Please try again at a later time.
If you are the site owner, here is a help resource to help resolve the issue.

KYGlockster

Activist Member
Extremely slow. Sometimes it will allow me to access the site and other times it says "web-site unavailable." When I am able to access, certain pictures and banners have an "X" in their place.

Just thought I'd pass this along.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Can we go back to the old faster server?

I don't think that this will happen .... I think it has something to do with the ads loading

When I clear my browser cache it runs fine for a while then the anchor is tossed out ....

Sometimes, by the time it loads, I forget why I opened it .... am I getting old or what ? lol

Motofixxer

Site has been slow for a few days for me, now I'm getting error pages that say Cloudflare on em. Maybe Cloudflare needs to be disabled. Seems like they are a newer company that has a lot of sites jumping on the bandwagon with big claims, but it's causing problems. But I don't know nothin bout this site stuff so who knows. It sure is annoying though, I don't even spend as much time on here cuz it just takes so long to access pages.

Bob1

John -- You monitoring this thread?

How about a server status report. I'm seeing this pop-up every third or fourth click on the site:

ServerProbs_zpsc97dbd95.jpg

eye95

I just got it too. Also, the site has been sloooooow lately. Between a sluggish server and my horribly unreliable Internet service from crappy Time-Warner, navigating OCDO is becoming a bit of a drag.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

slapmonkay

Campaign Veteran
I will echo others here, its slow as hell. I am in the IT field, let me know if you need my help.

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
Yes, me, too: a CRAWLINGLY slow website most of the time I've been visiting lately and also that "website unavailable" message -- which is ALSO slow to come up!

[see attached screen-capture image for said error message I and others above have been getting]

Attachments

• Website Currently Unavailable 12-18-12.jpg
    Website Currently Unavailable 12-18-12.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 190
Last edited:

eye95

I don't know what changed, but the site is a speed demon this morning! At least until my crappy Time-Warner cable dies again. It's pretty much doing this hourly.(I've already arranged to dump TWC in favor of AT&T. TWC is OK until you have a problem. Then their customer service sucks. Avoid if possible.)

WalkingWolf

I don't know what changed, but the site is a speed demon this morning! At least until my crappy Time-Warner cable dies again. It's pretty much doing this hourly.(I've already arranged to dump TWC in favor of AT&T. TWC is OK until you have a problem. Then their customer service sucks. Avoid if possible.)

We have charter and it sucks also. Once my contract is up I am considering just going with mobile at home.

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
I made a number of changes today

I added memory to the memcached, and tweaked the PHP settings as well as the Apache Server settings. It looks like that may have helped quite a bit. Keep the feedback coming if you are still experiencing any issues.

Thanks for your patience. The increased traffic over the last little bit exposed some areas where the server definitely needed better tuning.

John