Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: We are running on a new server!

We are running on a new server!

The last few weeks have been a royal pain as the old server bounced over and over and over.

I have now migrated the forum to a new server with double the memory and a much faster CPU.

I suspect there will be issues we will need to address and as you notice them, please post them here.

Thanks in advance for helping us make this move as painless as possible.

John
    Last edited by John Pierce; 09-07-2012 at 04:08 PM.

State Researcher
    You are clearly "The Man", John.

It's great to be here.

Are you still in law school?

Quote Originally Posted by BB62 View Post
    You are clearly "The Man", John.

It's great to be here.

Are you still in law school?
    Thanks!

I am done. I took the Bar Exam in July and will hopefully get the results around October 15th. Hopefully I will not need to retake in February.

John

John, seems to be logging me off if I try to open multiple tabs. I am not savvy so could be my end, but second or third night in a row.

Thanks for the site!
    ".40 cal---because Peter Nap is impossible to conceal."

"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when you may have to back up your acts with your life."

--Robert A. Heinlein

Hey NSA! *&$# you. Record this--- MOLON LABE!

State Researcher
    John,

FYI - Although the forum was initially quite quick, it has slowed down notably since then - I would say that it is now not only slower, but also at time I've gotten a 404 or similar (cannot load) error.
    Last edited by BB62; 09-16-2012 at 07:13 PM.

I am having no problems, thanks.

Refrigertor humor:

Ring Ring

John: Hello
    Caller: Is your server running?
    John: Yes
    Caller: Better go catch it!

Hi John,

Hope things are running smoother for ya'll. I keep getting the verification thing before I can read or post. If you recall I live in Ukraine so the foreign server likely pops a flag up. Do we need to re-white list my IP again? 95.135.103.236

Spasibo
    “Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws.” ― Plato

Plato knew this yet today's antis still don't get it!

Join the fight for freedom
    Oathkeepers

State Researcher
    Things seem to be fine now for me.
    Last edited by BB62; 09-25-2012 at 08:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by John Pierce View Post
    The last few weeks have been a royal pain as the old server bounced over and over and over.

I have now migrated the forum to a new server with double the memory and a much faster CPU.

I suspect there will be issues we will need to address and as you notice them, please post them here.

Thanks in advance for helping us make this move as painless as possible.

John
    Hej John!

What happened to the state summeries? (ie www.opencarry.org/wa.html

hermannr

Quote Originally Posted by hermannr View Post
    Hej John!

What happened to the state summeries? (ie www.opencarry.org/wa.html

hermannr
    In the process of being updated and moved to the new format. See http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...73#post1830373

Quote Originally Posted by John Pierce View Post
    In the process of being updated and moved to the new format. See http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...73#post1830373
    They are now loaded!

John

Response time over the last forty minutes has been VERY slow. Could be the system is running a backup, but done right, that should slow it down to no less than 85% of normal. Things are currently around 40% or less of normal throughput.
    Our rights are not subject to "interpretation" by well-meaning but Constitutionally illiterate politicians. They are absolute and unwavering, as are We the People. Some rights are specifically mentioned; many are not. ALL are protected by our Constitution, especially the Ninth and Tenth Amendments

"One of the best things about our Republic is that we're as free to have our own opinions as we are from having the opinions of others forced upon us."

Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    Response time over the last forty minutes has been VERY slow. Could be the system is running a backup, but done right, that should slow it down to no less than 85% of normal. Things are currently around 40% or less of normal throughput.
    Seems to be the way it is .. veryyyy slowww

If more $$ was spent, it was money down the drain .... if speed was a goal that is

Clicking on the symbol for "go to last post" brings up the first post without text, and no other posts from the thread.
    Last edited by E6chevron; 10-16-2012 at 01:18 AM.
    Wis. CCL #5x Springfield XDM 3.8 Compact .40 S&W, Utah CFP

Hej John!

Hope this posts. I have tried to post a couple replys today...fails to post, Explorer comes back the bad connection screen. 2.7 ghz AMD Athalon, Windows XP, IE 7, Verizon 4G hot spot (off a 3G tower) at 3 bars. Still should transfer at 760k..link between hot spot and computer at 54 meg. Max transfer rate to OCDO 24k, average transfer rate closer to OCDO about 3k,

Hope you are not having "Sandy" problems.

Hermannr

Details!

I'd like to know the details behind your new server, John, as the forum just flat out zips! I have a far smaller forum, and it's performance is adequate, but I wouldn't mind bumping it up a bit.
    Our rights are not subject to "interpretation" by well-meaning but Constitutionally illiterate politicians. They are absolute and unwavering, as are We the People. Some rights are specifically mentioned; many are not. ALL are protected by our Constitution, especially the Ninth and Tenth Amendments

"One of the best things about our Republic is that we're as free to have our own opinions as we are from having the opinions of others forced upon us."

Kudos' on the new server.

Slight issue tho.....at least on my end.

Slow.....MAJOR slow, both loading the site itself and loading posts. Like dial-up slow, For at least a good month now. And a new issue today, which prompted this post. When I click a topic, I have several times got a grey screen that says something to the effect of.....site cannot be found.

I click back to the main page and try it again and it comes up. But again, major slow.

Don't have issues on other sites/forums so I am guessing it's a server thing?
    Last edited by PakRatJR; 12-14-2012 at 05:09 PM.
    It's all fun and games until someone flash bangs the kids.

Quote Originally Posted by PakRatJR View Post

Slow.....MAJOR slow, both loading the site itself and loading posts. Like dial-up slow, For at least a good month now. And a new issue today, which prompted this post. When I click a topic, I have several times got a grey screen that says something to the effect of.....site cannot be found.

I click back to the main page and try it again and it comes up. But again, major slow.

I just got that message too:

Website currently unavailable

The website you are trying to access is currently unavailable. Please try again at a later time.
    If you are the site owner, here is a help resource to help resolve the issue.

I'm getting it too. But, I'm also getting very slow operation on nevadashooters.com and philcoradio.com

Acts like DOS attacks on many boards.

I have been getting that for two days now, Its a round circle with an (!) exclamation point in it, saying cannot connect to the server.

When I get it, I can go to the www.opencarry.org main page, and it loads just fine, but when I try to click on Forums, it takes forever and then I get that screen. It was happening intermittently all day yesterday, last night, and again today.
    Lets Unite and REMIND our Government that WE are the source of their authority and that WE demand our Rights be returned, Unabridged, Non-infringed, without denial or disparagement. The faults of a few, reflect badly on many, I will not Support WAC H&K USP .40

Founder's Club Member

I'm having the same problem with slowness. I really don't mind slowness; what I mind is the inconsistency. When its slow, and I don't know it, I click again and get the "wait ten seconds" between searches message or double-post or whatever.

I also started getting the "can't access website" message today. At first I figured it was because of the volume of users. We hit an all time high today because of the elementary school shooting and still had 1K users viewing just a few minutes ago.

I wonder if the prior slowness has anything to do with "googleads double-click net"--my history is just a mass of those in regards to this forum. And, the back -button is pretty spotty as to workability.

Or, maybe all the ads. Or, one ad in particular?
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. (Because that is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--for each other and everybody else--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.)

Equality and consent of the governed: We're all equal. How can another legitimately govern me without my express consent?

Same here for about the last week. Also started getting the same "unavailable" message as others today and took 7-8 tries to sign in before I didn't get that message and was signed in.

Website currently unavailable

The website you are trying to access is currently unavailable. Please try again at a later time.
    If you are the site owner, here is a help resource to help resolve the issue.

Very, very slow all weekend, and continues today - almost unusable.

Activist Member
    Extremely slow. Sometimes it will allow me to access the site and other times it says "web-site unavailable." When I am able to access, certain pictures and banners have an "X" in their place.

Just thought I'd pass this along.
    "I never in my life seen a Kentuckian without a gun..."-Andrew Jackson

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined."-Patrick Henry; speaking of protecting the rights of an armed citizenry.

All of the above for me also. For at least the last week and maybe 2.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast