• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Seattke/King County OC Report

boatswain

CC into the pacific science center, OC on the way out. OC at the sausage festival and OC at Seattle center. No problems.

FWIW Seattle Center claims special rights over firearms if you read their policy at http://seattlecenter.com/about/rules.aspx

"4. Weapons. It is Prohibited To....
Carry concealed or unconcealed on his or her person any dangerous knife unless used as a tool for work by Seattle Center employees or their authorized agents, or carry concealed on his or her person any weapon. Seattle Center employees are subject to the Seattle Center Employees Firearm Policy.

Possess or display a firearm on the campus, unless permitted by applicable law."

Note that a concealed weapon would technically count under the 'carry concealed on his or her person any weapon' clause because they include firearms in the definition of weapons, even if you had an out under the following 'permitted by applicable law' clause.

Of course, all of this is void under pre-emption, but just FYI. Anyone care to try and get it clarified?

Vitaeus

I read it that open carry is acceptable per their pre-empted rules. there are or's in your quote, it ends up being only concealed firearms are prohibited.

edit to point out:
J: Campus Exclusion

The Director or his or her designee may, by delivering an Exclusion Notice to the offender, exclude from the Seattle Center campus for a period not to exceed five (5) days anyone who violates any provision of these rules or any other applicable Seattle Center rules; anyone who violates any provision of the Seattle Municipal Code, the Revised Code of Washington, or other applicable law.
The individual need not be charged, tried, or convicted of any crime or infraction in order for an Exclusion Notice to be issued or effective. The Exclusion may be based upon activities observed by the Director or a Seattle Center employee, or upon the sort of civilian reports that would ordinarily be relied upon by police officers in the determination of probable cause.
Upon such Notice being given, the recipient shall no longer be invited, licensed or otherwise privileged to remain on the campus.
K: Trespass on Campus

Criminal Trespass on Campus shall include any person who knowingly:

Enters or remains on the campus without permission or from which he or she has been excluded during the period covered by an Exclusion Notice pursuant to these rules.
Enters, remains in, or is otherwise present within the premises of the campus during hours within which the campus is not open to the public, or within an area not open to the public, unless the person is present within the campus to participate in an activity either conducted by Seattle Center or conducted pursuant to the terms of a license or permit issued by Seattle Center.

Last edited:

Freedom1Man

OC with 2 guns from 5th and Pine to 2nd and Pike no problems, 1 high five during the walk and a handful of stink eyes.

No problems getting on the bus or at the Federal Way TC.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
u6a4ybeh.jpg

Sitting in Starbucks on 2nd and Yesler right now with Deros. A SPD officer is having his coffee too at the table next to us. Nothing said so far.

Last edited:

Alpine

Saw a guy OCing in the Covington Home Depot on Kent-Kangley Rd. I said hi and let him know I appreciated him defending our rights, had a pleasant conversation about revolvers and referred him to opencarry.org

Boomboy007

I call shenanigans!

There are some nifty new widgets out there for those of us who cook. Nothing I couldn't live out buying though.

I am calling you out, buddy. I think that you are telling a big fat fib about being able to cook, and I refuse to believe otherwise until you have cooked me some vittles!

Just let me know where to pick up the food. ;)

Freedom1Man

I am calling you out, buddy. I think that you are telling a big fat fib about being able to cook, and I refuse to believe otherwise until you have cooked me some vittles!

Just let me know where to pick up the food. ;)

Well, you're rather far north for one and I don't know you for two.

So if you wanted to buy stuff and have me cook then you'd better come down my way.
Edit;
Besides if everything you might read about me is true then, I cause cancer, women to lose their pregnancies, animals to drop dead, grown men to have nightmares, little children to never sleep again, and I attract cops like flies to manure.

Why would you want me to cook for you?

Last edited:

Boomboy007

Well, you're rather far north for one and I don't know you for two.

So if you wanted to buy stuff and have me cook then you'd better come down my way.
Edit;
Besides if everything you might read about me is true then, I cause cancer, women to lose their pregnancies, animals to drop dead, grown men to have nightmares, little children to never sleep again, and I attract cops like flies to manure.

Why would you want me to cook for you?

I never believe what I read on the internet!

Boomboy007

Well, as a native Southerner, if it aint got meat, it aint a real meal. Seems like maybe we've got the makings of a little OC pot luck get together?

jsanchez

Walked around Greenlake today. Took a couple of pictures. Went to Butch's gun shop. If anyone needs a holster for

cheap they have 6 bins of used holsters that are in pretty good shape. I then went across the street and bought a

couple of things at PCC. Then continued my walk around Greenlake. I stopped at the boat house coffee stand and got a

danish. Then I went to Jodees and got my wife some key lime pie, and then finally I went to Greggs Bikes to see about a

bike for my wife.

Freedom1Man

Found a cool OC friendly merchant at Pike Place Market selling T shirts.

Found one merchant selling dried fruit that claimed it was illegal to Open Carry, told her it was legal and then she huffs and claims it's just a bad idea then.

Last edited:

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Sitting outside a Starbucks in the U district having a cup of java and a college kid comes up and thanks me for carrying! Two security officers have walked by and said nothing.

Difdi

she huffs and claims it's just a bad idea then.

How so? If you're carrying you can choose to run away, hide or otherwise not draw. Just like you can choose if you're not carrying. You just have more options when armed.

Funny how anti-gun nuts always fall back on the Glare of Death when you point that sort of thing out. I swear, they honestly seem to believe that being unarmed gives you more options than being armed does.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Jim (Deros) has been transferred to the UW Medical Center. He is pretty rough but is hoping a procedure will help.

While visiting today I noticed the gun buster sign. Haha, I have included the WAC language and the consequences. I 'may' be asked to leave. Notice that it must be a uniformed campus police officer and no one else.

Anyway, CC is my choice while visiting.

313318_2898646801757_332406525_n.jpg

[h=2]WAC 478-124-020[/h]Agency filings affecting this section
[h=1]Conduct on campus code — Prohibited conduct.[/h]
(1) In order to safeguard the right of every citizen to criticize and to seek meaningful change, each individual has an obligation to respect the rights of all members of the university community.

(2) In order to assure those rights to all members of the university community and to maintain a peaceful atmosphere in which the university may continue to make its special contribution to society, the following types of conduct are hereby prohibited on or in property either owned, controlled or operated by the university which is used or set aside for university purposes, hereinafter referred to as the university campus:

(a) Conduct which intentionally and substantially obstructs or disrupts teaching or freedom of movement or other lawful activities on the university campus;

(b) Physical abuse of any person or conduct which is intended unlawfully to threaten imminent bodily harm or to endanger the health or safety of any person on the university campus;

(c) Malicious damage to or malicious misuse of university property, or the property of any person where such property is located on the university campus;

(d) Refusal to comply with any lawful order to leave the university campus or any portion thereof;

(e) Possession or use of firearms, explosives, dangerous chemicals or other dangerous weapons or instrumentalities on the university campus, except for authorized university purposes, unless prior written approval has been obtained from the university chief of police, or any other person designated by the president of the university;

(f) Unlawful possession, use, distribution, or manufacture of alcohol or controlled substances (as defined in chapter 69.50 RCW) on the university campus or during university-sponsored activities;

(g) Intentionally inciting others to engage immediately in any of the conduct prohibited herein, which incitement leads directly to such conduct. (Inciting is that advocacy which prepares the group addressed for imminent action and steels it to the conduct prohibited herein.)

[h=2]WAC 478-124-030[/h]Agency filings affecting this section
[h=1]Conduct on campus code — Sanctions.[/h]
(1) Any person while on the university campus who willfully refuses the request of a uniformed campus police officer to desist from conduct prohibited by these rules may be required by such officer to leave such premises.

(2) Disciplinary action which may result in dismissal from the university will be initiated against faculty, staff, or students who violate these rules, in accordance with the applicable disciplinary codes or other appropriate due process procedures.

(3) Sanctions which may be imposed against faculty are set forth in the Faculty Code, Chapter 25, Sections 25-51 and 25-71.

(4) Sanctions which may be imposed against students are set forth in WAC 478-120-040.

(5) Sanctions which may be imposed against the classified staff are set forth in the relevant University of Washington labor contract for contract-classified staff, and in Title 357 WAC and applicable university policy for classified nonunion staff.

(6) Sanctions which may be imposed against the professional staff are set forth in the University of Washington Professional Staff Program.

(7) Violation of any of the above regulations may also constitute violation of the criminal laws or ordinances of the city of Seattle, the state of Washington, or the United States and may subject a violator to criminal sanctions in addition to any sanctions imposed by the university.

decklin

Hoping the best for Jim!

It is interesting that they talk of preserving the rights of citizens and then proceed to violate the 2nd amendment.

conandan

Oc'ed in Kent over to Safeway picked up some groceries not even a funny look. Then over to win co, no problems. Took the wife over to the Barnes and noble by south center mall no troubles at all. The lady working on putting books away stopped and showed us where all the books my wife was looking for were. I thought it was cool as soon as we walked in on the rack at the door were all books about firearms and battle strategy. It was a good day.