• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Playboy cites to OpenCarry.org, quotes John Pierce extensively

Tess

Founder's Club Member
What a sad representation.

The author, a "my way is the only way" gun owner, used the opportunity to reinforce his biases instead of learning something. What a waste of a day.

How many of us were uncomfortable the first time we carried openly (I have to admit I wasn't, but I appear to be in a very small minority). Most chose not to let others' opinions sway what's right for us. I'd venture to say most of us aren't sad at being ignored by the NRA, and, frankly, disgust from the brady foundation is an emotion that doesn't even breeze through my mind.

hermannr

How many of us were uncomfortable the first time we carried openly (I have to admit I wasn't, but I appear to be in a very small minority).

Love it. Got to laugh at this statement. I too had no uncomfortable moments..too dumb maybe? Anyway, I had just return from Vietnam a couple months earlier (I was still in the US Army at the time), and had just received my US Citizenship (I am a native of Canada).

3rd of July, 1970, small town Wahington state. They have a "loggerrodeo" and part of the festivities that year was a "fast draw" compition...the main street in town had been shut down and it took place there. After the compitition was over, I noticed a lot of people still open carrying their quick draw weapons, but also a lot of others with just regular pistols, so I stopped one of them and asked if it was legal, or just special today. (this would have never been allowed in Canada)

When I was told, nope, no license needed, open carry is perfectly legal in Washington State...it is in the constitution. Well, I went home, strapped up my old 6" Colt .38 and went back to town..Went into all the stores, the bank, everywhere...no-one noticed, no-one cared...been OC ever since, still have that old Colt too, but don't carry it much any more.

modernknight

When I was told, nope, no license needed, open carry is perfectly legal in Washington State...it is in the constitution. Well, I went home, strapped up my old 6" Colt .38 and went back to town..Went into all the stores, the bank, everywhere...no-one noticed, no-one cared...been OC ever since, still have that old Colt too, but don't carry it much any more.

Awww, you don't do it to even remember those beginning days?? Take it out to the range at least, or just collecting dust??

Agreed with spikedzombies, an interesting read indeed.

WalkingWolf

Love it. Got to laugh at this statement. I too had no uncomfortable moments..too dumb maybe? Anyway, I had just return from Vietnam a couple months earlier (I was still in the US Army at the time), and had just received my US Citizenship (I am a native of Canada).

3rd of July, 1970, small town Wahington state. They have a "loggerrodeo" and part of the festivities that year was a "fast draw" compition...the main street in town had been shut down and it took place there. After the compitition was over, I noticed a lot of people still open carrying their quick draw weapons, but also a lot of others with just regular pistols, so I stopped one of them and asked if it was legal, or just special today. (this would have never been allowed in Canada)

That old colt is too old to keep around, do it and yourself a good deed and send it to me. :banana:

1245A Defender

Really????

Spammer reported

Sooo,,, what ever inspired you to revive a 2 and 1/2 yr old thread where a Spam?? was reported????

Are you really a Super Moderator??? Orrrrr, did you just run out of super things to do?

Maybe you have been too buzy for the last 2 and 1/2 years to question it...
I remember it, but thought it was inconsequential! wow I spelled that really long word correctly!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Spammer reported

Sooo,,, what ever inspired you to revive a 2 and 1/2 yr old thread where a Spam?? was reported????

Are you really a Super Moderator??? Orrrrr, did you just run out of super things to do?

Maybe you have been too buzy for the last 2 and 1/2 years to question it...
I remember it, but thought it was inconsequential! wow I spelled that really long word correctly!
Combination of O-dark 5:00 in the morning, malfluctioning memory, and other random bits of splatter. More I cannot or will not say on the advice of counsel. :uhoh:

Last edited: