Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Army Soldiers carrying concealed firearms

Quote Originally Posted by MagiK_SacK View Post
    ...Are you guaranteed to end up in the brig, not necessarily, but that's not to say don't have a point.
    Correct, in fact I edited my post again before you quoted it. ANY discipline would be proof that you did not have the "right" to do what you did. Firing (basically you just leaving) is not a discipline in this context.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Wowwie!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MagiK_SacK View Post
    Please instead of telling me your interpretation please point to Section, paragraph number ext that you are interpreting that I won't have the same rights as I would with a civilian employment?
    I wont cite anything for you.
    There is a profound differance between being in the service and having a job as a civilian and there is a "right that you signed away"!

The RIGHT to tell your boss "Take this job and shove it! I dont work here anymore!"
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Quote Originally Posted by armaborealis View Post
    I was always kind of hoping a soldier would show up to some unit social function (off base of course) open carrying. The CG's policy never said anything about open carry, after all!

The only reason that USARAK changed the policy was because congress prohibited the DoD from implementing such policies during the NDAA last year. Don't think for a moment that the Army had a change of heart...
    I did go to an off base unit function with an empty holster. Even though we were wearing civies, we were considered "on duty" at our designated place of duty. On duty, or in uniform on or off base we are not allowed to carry a personal weapon. In the last three years that I've been retired I have carried a loaded gun more than in the 21 years in the Army. (BTW, I was combat arms)
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux

Quote Originally Posted by oldbanger View Post
    While off military installations, Soldiers are required to follow Alaska law.

Repeal of Concealed Firearm Policy.pdf
    update with image

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	armyalaskapolicy.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	67.9 KB 
ID:	13489

Quote Originally Posted by oldbanger View Post
    update with image

Name:	armyalaskapolicy.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	67.9 KB 
ID:	13489
    Oldbanger, tis an olde, six year olde, thread and you posted almost the same post you did in Mar of 06!

In the interim, Nov 2016, the DoD issued a directive 5210.56, Arming and Use of Force, http://www.esd.whs.mil/Portals/54/Do..._dodd_2016.pdf

good reading and quite a step forward for our service members.
    I cannot allow your ignorance, however great, to take precedence over my knowledge, however small. Bacon’s great-grandson.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    Oldbanger, tis an olde, six year olde, thread and you posted almost the same post you did in Mar of 06!

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	41.8 KB 
ID:	13496

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123